Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Placid 2019 - from JFK
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Seeking guidance on the best way to get to Lake Placid. Flying in/out of JFK from overseas.

I understand that Amtrack has a train to Westport, but you can not check luggage.

Greyhound has a bus, but it is an 8 hr trip.

Any other options?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Phillip
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid 2019 - from JFK [Bear05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rent a car?

I don't know of any other option... It is quite bit further north than JFK...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rent Car. 100%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have any way to fly into Montreal instead, it's probably a shorter drive. Rent a car.

Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid 2019 - from JFK [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
If you have any way to fly into Montreal instead, it's probably a shorter drive. Rent a car.

It's a shorter drive for sure. 2hrs from Montreal vs 4hrs from NYC. But the border crossing can always eat up some time and can be a pain depending on where you came from originally.

From JFK, you could get a short flight from there to Albany and drive 2hrs from there. Or just rent a car and drive the 4hrs from NYC to LP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a small airport in lake clear. About an hour from placid. Not sure about connections and all
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid 2019 - from JFK [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at Burlington (BVT) as well in Vermont. super easy logistics, no border crossing, small airport in/out.

I saw a lot of IMLP folks coming through there when i was headed that that way for work last summer.
Last edited by: MadTownTRI: Feb 25, 19 8:02
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid 2019 - from JFK [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

I second that, flying into Montreal is a better option, 2 hours and you are at the border
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid 2019 - from JFK [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
Look at Burlington (BVT) as well in Vermont. super easy logistics, no border crossing, small airport in/out.

I saw a lot of IMLP folks coming through there when i was headed that that way for work last summer.
Flying INT though, it will be at least one, if not two stops which will add many hours and in same vein as not flying into Albany they are going from a mainline body from overseas to a regional plane flying into BTV thus luggage/bike concerns
Quote Reply