Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake George 70.3 (aka Big George)
Quote | Reply
Any reviews, intel, details on the Lake George 70.3 - specifically bike and run course.

I know swim is nice - looks like a good race.

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant
Quote Reply
Re: Lake George 70.3 (aka Big George) [dsimo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike course is challenging and pretty lonely. There are a couple sketchy points where it could get dangerous if there were bikes passing each other and any sort of oncoming traffic on a bike path. The run is lonely as well but shaded for a lot of it. It's not impossible to get lost on the run course unfortunately. The end of the run is great though; you come ripping down a hill and then cruise about a half mile to the finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did it last year. Loved it. Just for perspective, I normally ride and run in a hilly area. The ride has 1 climb really early and then it is rollers the rest of the way until you come back down that hill. The roads were not bad minus a couple areas. I really never felt traffic or safety were an issue. The run was a little tougher than i thought it would be but that may bc i overcooked the ride. The vibe of the whole race is awesome. The 70.3 was not a big field and there was plenty of room in transition. Def didnt feel crowed to the point of having no space like some races. Someone said the Oly on Sat is jam packed but I wasnt there to see that one. Overall a fun race run by what seems to be a very competent director. I will probably be back there in 2020 doing it again. Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the Big George Aquabike in 2016 -- it was a well run event. The lake swim was beautiful and the bike was rollers as far as I can remember, nothing too crazy.
Quote Reply