Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lagerstrom\Findlay Videos
Quote | Reply
After both having great races out at Indian Wells I think everyone should go subscribe to their YouTube channel now. Kind of crazy to me that they currently only have 4K subscribers. Their videos are great quality and a bit different than other channels out their. I love their insight, the scenery where they train, the way Eric puts them together and just their approach to triathlon in general.

https://www.youtube.com/user/elager335/featured
Quote Reply
Re: Lagerstrom\Findlay Videos [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't watch much YouTube, but I did subscribe to their channel. I think Eric really does a great job with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, they definitely put together great videos. And IMHO their training/life philosophy is rather inspiring - hope their channel will develop

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of people watch without subscribing.
My wife watches them all the time and I sort of watch while I'm working on the computer beside her.

Paula seems like an introvert... Eric does all the talking!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. Eric does an awesome, no fluff view into the reality of being a professional triathlete. The fact that the videos are so genuine makes he and Paula infinitely more likeable. I wouldn't mind more "on board" footage like he used to do in the DL races (but obviously that would be difficult aerodynamically).

Don't get me wrong, I love Talbot's videos, but the high production level almost makes it seem like Tim and Rinny, Lionel, etc. are unapproachable.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Lagerstrom\Findlay Videos [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, I used to love the on board ITU videos with the power meter overlay.

I always found it interesting to get insight into a race from the perspective of a pro in it, however, I reckon that it wouldn't be quite as exciting at the 70.3 distance without the same race dynamics, plus there'd be an aero penalty of the camera, right?

It was great to see both Eric and Paula presumably end their race season on a positive note as they've both had some setbacks that impacted their consistency over the year.

Very likable folks just going about their business each day, putting in the work, enjoying the process, nothing fancy, rinse and repeat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always really enjoyed Eric's videos. I've been following him for a few years now and I think his experience making videos and telling stories is really quite fantastic. His videos seem so different than the typical youtube stuff. No offense to Talbot Cox, it's just nice to see someone who focusses on triathlon in a completely different way and has a unique demeanor. Hope he and Paula keep making videos. We all need something to watch on those long winter trainer sessions!

YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He posted a photo of him on the bike at Indian Wells with a dog running out at him. Were there really dogs loose on the course?
Quote Reply
Re: Lagerstrom\Findlay Videos [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been watching for a couple of weeks now. Really entertaining.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big fan of his videos. Love his lifestyle.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
He posted a photo of him on the bike at Indian Wells with a dog running out at him. Were there really dogs loose on the course?

I don't know if there were multiple dogs loose but I saw a video clip of that one lunging out at Eric and it was definitely a close call, he had to swerve to avoid hitting it. Can't remember where I saw the video, maybe his IG feed?
Quote Reply
Re: Lagerstrom\Findlay Videos [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of their videos showed up in my YouTube suggested list. I watched Eric's videos a few years back and was glad to see it. I wound up binge watching a half dozen or so. Cool and laid back with many having really nice scenery. Good stuff!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:

I raced this past weekend and had one small, Chihuahua looking thing on the side of the road that seemed as if it was about to jump at me but for some reason didn't. Did not see any other dogs.

Dominic Pollizzi

Quote Reply
Re: Lagerstrom\Findlay Videos [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric said they’re going to Daytona I think.

I had no idea they had these and was super happy to have stumbled upon them last week as I’m getting back to the trainer again. Big fan of Eric and his content. Don’t know much about Paula but she seems fun when she does talk; probably she was affected by the injury as well in the earlier videos.

Hope they keep the videos coming and more importantly keep crushing the races!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes so much more authentic than the pros that hire the same cookie cutter videographer. Kudos to Eric.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been following him for a while and Paula forever. Willing to bet they will be in Canmore over the holidays

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Lagerstrom\Findlay Videos [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m a fan of LS and Sodaro so I was rooting for them. Have seen their names and faces but had no idea who they really were. Good to see their lifestyle and personality. Definitely subscribed. Pretty inspiring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
After both having great races out at Indian Wells I think everyone should go subscribe to their YouTube channel now. Kind of crazy to me that they currently only have 4K subscribers. Their videos are great quality and a bit different than other channels out their. I love their insight, the scenery where they train, the way Eric puts them together and just their approach to triathlon in general.

https://www.youtube.com/user/elager335/featured

Watched a couple of these videos last night, one where Paula ran up Mount Norquay and ran past a black bear, wow. I subscribed, really like their content. Thanks for posting.
Quote Reply
Re: Lagerstrom\Findlay Videos [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ITU videos were really fun to watch, it showed what it really takes in terms of bike fitness to ride with those guys.

Big fan of their channel here, I prefer their videos over the Talbot Cox type, to each their own (don't want to turn this into a L. Sanders thread).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could not agree more. I have been Texting with Eric about pushing to youtube for a long time. He finally transferred everything from transition4 to youtube.

After watching just 4 minutes of his "day in the life" video I texted him and told him this was the best video he has made yet. The thing about youtube is it has to be personal. It has to be more vlog style. You're right anything thats over done. People dont get the personal touch. I would disagree though in regards to the videos making (Lionel, T&R, and Gwen) not approachable if anything it would make them more. Look like someone like Tim Odonnell he completely come out of his shell and does more media than ever now. The people it makes not approachable are the people on the top level not feeding content like Jan, Patrik and stuff. But Lionel, T&R and Gwen are the most approachable athletes in the field thats one of the reasons why I chose them. Also trust me go to an event with them lol. Your feet will hurt listing to them talk to 400 people haha.

The main thing about youtube is yes mine might be down over done but we have a perfect system now that allows us to continue. Every other triathlete that has tried to start a youtube has faded because their channels are not sustainable. We have three reasons of shooting. We shoot content ultimately to one day produce a full length documentary. Secondly for myself to make money and make it sustainable we shoot content to sell to sponsors so they can use that footage in their promotional stuff. Lastly we take everything we have and I mix it up to provide to fans on youtube to help promote the sport and just keep fans updated.

Trust me life would be much easier for me if i handed Lionel a gopro and drone and told him to record him self. I would never have to travel and could lay in my bed and edit. :) But numbers and time have shown we have the most constant channels with videos coming out weekly.

I plan on making a master class this winter and putting all of our tips and tricks in it to help other pro triathletes make youtube channels as its good for the sport and helps fans follow their favorite athletes closer. It also helps the athletes make more money in the long run as sponsors want to sponsor them. Either way its a win win for all. Hats off to Eric. Thats the first "TRUE TRIATHLON VLOG" I have seen yet that kept me entertained for more than 10 mins. I hope he can keep it up. I just know the demands of being a pro athlete and pumping out weekly content is rough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
subscribed. I've watched some of his stuff before, but kinda fell off the radar and I've been looking for new stuff to watch on the trainer.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Lagerstrom\Findlay Videos [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talbot always great to get your insight on things. My biggest reason for putting this out here was I was amazed that their channel had so few subscribers for what I consider interesting and real content. Eric and Paula are what I view as your typical pro triathletes who are documenting the struggles along the way, both financially and physically.

Personally I would find more interest in you creating content for a pro that isn't maybe quite at the level financially or even the success athletically yet of TO, Rinny or Sanders but on the verge of breaking through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
Personally I would find more interest in you creating content for a pro that isn't maybe quite at the level financially or even the success athletically yet of TO, Rinny or Sanders but on the verge of breaking through.

Man. If only there was a dynamic couple of pro triathletes out there who fit that description :P

Also I hadn't realized Eric did so much content! Thanks for the thread. Definitely a great example of kind of exactly what we hope to do at some point when we don't have day jobs also!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Dec 11, 19 9:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@Talbot,
Looking forward to your video master class. I've been worried about declining numbers in our sport in recent years and I truly believe that you've played a huge role in introducing our sport to new generations of triathletes. My gut feeling is that people will really enjoy Eric's content because it has such a different vibe than all of the channels that you help manage. And that shouldn't be taken as any sort of jab at your work. You're producing a ton of content and when we're biking for hours and hours on the trainer in the winter time, we can watch a surprising amount of YouTube. I'm a huge fan of your work and I'm glad there's some variety out there.

YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This shouldn't turn into a comparison of your stuff vs. Eric's, it's an apples to oranges comparison and IMO both of you guys are putting out awesome content. Any exposure to the sport is good and it's cool to get different perspectives on the pro world.

I've been following Eric's stuff for a few years and there are a couple reasons why I think it's compelling and sustainable. First, because he and Paula do it all themselves, we get to see it from a truly firsthand perspective. Meaning not a firsthand interview or a camera following them but their actual vision for how they want others to perceive the world of pro triathletes.

Second, it's been fun to see his technical filming and editing ability improve over the years. For those of us who own GoPro's and can't figure out how to make the footage worth watching, it's cool to see someone immerse themselves in it and figure it out. I don't know what background Eric had but he's clearly passionate about cinematography.

Lastly and probably most importantly for me, his content isn't centered around Ironman and Kona. I love triathlon but have no aspirations toward Kona or long-course IM in general, and it seems like the vast majority of content available out there is focused either on that or complete beginners. For me it's refreshing to watch awesome content about things other than Kona - ITU, gravel tris, van adventures, etc.

Hopefully you both keep doing what you're doing! Just my $.02.
Quote Reply

Prev Next