Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers*
Quote | Reply
Wide open, loco racing. Lots of montanas. I have a wish list:

Uran wins it all cuz he's a cool dude, Joe D or the Boz (or any other American) swipe a stage, Porte stays healthy to see what he might really do, Formolo podiums only because he should with the beasts that are riding for him, Sagan does funny sh*t, the Yates bros. do well all the way through, Schwarzmann drops the whole field for a stage win, and Tejay Quintana quietly podiums again. That's all. Not too much to ask. Did I miss anything? Who are the dark horses?
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pulling for my local homeboy Rusty Woods to finally get a stage! If he gets some freedom from protecting Uran, it finally feels like his time.

Yaaass and more yaaassss to this.

Superman Lopez is gonna go on a tear. And Nibali quietly coasts through first week, maybe ships some time here and there, but starts throwing haymakers in week 3. Bennet should also be up there. Sagan leaves with 87th career green jersey classification.

Tejay Vantana nabs a stage, then wraps up season crumbling once more. Really hope Boz or Joe D gets one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a link to the official start list? Is Tejay now riding for EF...I don't see him as one of the 8 BMC riders on Steephill but EF's team is not completely filled out on that site. Wondering who's going to ride for Sky and if Bardet plans to race.

Also...does anyone know if the time cuts are more laxed for the Giro and Vuelta. I was kind of surprised at how many guys got cut at the TdF or were at least always on the borderline each mountain day? The Giro and Vuelta tend to shed the main peloton a lot earlier, but it seems that the sprinters more or less make it to the last stage. Or am I just not paying attention and a ton of sprinters do get cut at all three GTs on a regular basis?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Chris Horner still racing? If so, I predict him to win because he's not yet 55 years old and he has the same last name as Ashley.
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grey Jersey classification will be hard-fought between Horner and Valverde.
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
Is Chris Horner still racing? If so, I predict him to win because he's not yet 55 years old and he has the same last name as Ashley.

He's moved on.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
**Edit: Fabio slots in for Tejay. Same outcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Wide open, loco racing. Lots of montanas. I have a wish list:

Uran wins it all cuz he's a cool dude, Joe D or the Boz (or any other American) swipe a stage, Porte stays healthy to see what he might really do, Formolo podiums only because he should with the beasts that are riding for him, Sagan does funny sh*t, the Yates bros. do well all the way through, Schwarzmann drops the whole field for a stage win, and Tejay Quintana quietly podiums again. That's all. Not too much to ask. Did I miss anything? Who are the dark horses?

Nibali for the win. With Tao Goagxxxxxx Hart as the wild card to piss everyone off as he is Sky.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No Joe D (off topic but do you think he resigns with EF??) So go Boz!!
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skippy74 wrote:
No Joe D (off topic but do you think he resigns with EF??) So go Boz!![/quote

Damn. Interesting. Sort of wondered why he’d do Colorado just prior to Spain. Oh well.
Boz! Maybe Zacharin will ride for him.
Nawwww.
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think, or hope?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are we doing this already? I'm still waiting for Froome's surge.

anyway, Sagan does at least two wheelies.
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
Is there a link to the official start list? Is Tejay now riding for EF...I don't see him as one of the 8 BMC riders on Steephill but EF's team is not completely filled out on that site. Wondering who's going to ride for Sky and if Bardet plans to race.

Also...does anyone know if the time cuts are more laxed for the Giro and Vuelta. I was kind of surprised at how many guys got cut at the TdF or were at least always on the borderline each mountain day? The Giro and Vuelta tend to shed the main peloton a lot earlier, but it seems that the sprinters more or less make it to the last stage. Or am I just not paying attention and a ton of sprinters do get cut at all three GTs on a regular basis?

TJ was left off the BMC roster (probably because he signed with EF which takes effect 2019)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
joe d showed nothing at tou, but with the crappy air and heat a lot of folks struggled
wonder if kuss keeps form and snags a stage - big if for such a youngster
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
Jason N wrote:

TJ was left off the BMC roster (probably because he signed with EF which takes effect 2019)

That's what I was thinking, but hasn't Porte moved on, too? Tejay lost a lot of time in the mountains in France and Colorado. I suspect his form is not there for a mountainous Vuelta.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

He's moved on.

well played :)

though for some reason, i just can't be arsed the way i was for spring classics and the giro. Almost everything feels like a let down afterwards, for every year since 2011...
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's a good point (maybe the motivation wasn't there)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:

He's moved on.

This is pure gold. Laughed my ass off.

I have to cheer for Woods and Uran. I would really like to see Woods finally get a win. Way too many close results. EF has had a stinker of a year so they could use some results. The only downside is this probably means they will not do much in the fall classics.
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man I love all these TJ Fan boys.
TJ was left out of the BMC roster not because he is leaving, so is Porte and a bunch of other BMC guys, he was left of the Vualta for the simple reason that he sucks...
I know he got 5th at the tour but that was 6 years ago, last week at the Tour of Utah he finished 21 minutes down to what wasn't exactly a star studded filed of world tour riders.
He also finished the tour 13 minutes behind his own teammate and famous Grand Tour contender Greg Van Avarmant....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worlds training block, i fell off my bike, and or i sucked all year and need to accomplish something edition! Porte on paper should win, assuming he stays in to the finish. Training block for many like Sagan getting ready for worlds.
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
Porte on paper should win, assuming he stays in to the finish.

thats quite an assumption you're making there!

looks like being a tough race to predict with all the different situations for everyone, could be very good
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Think, or hope?

Exactly! Joe is a local guy so I want to see him stay on a WT team but the results haven't been there. Not sure what team is the best fit for him--staying with EF, joining Boz on Katusha, joining Ben King on Data....so do you think or hope he stays with EF? It's a both question... Bottom line for this thread is he's not going to be at La Vuelta.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rooting for Simon Yates to win, be awesome to have a British clean sweep of the Grand Tours with 3 different riders. Plus he's an exciting racer to watch (unless his key learning from the Giro has been to wheelsuck more and attack less).

Would be delighted if Porte won to make up for all the bad luck he's had over the years (similar to Thomas).

Sky announced their lineup this morning - main names are Kwiatkowski, Henao, Castroviejo and Tao Geoghegan Hart. Can't see any of them realistically being a podium contender, so hopefully Sky will be looking to get in breaks and go for stage wins.
Quote Reply
Re: La Vuelta a Espana Threada *Spoilers* [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:

So long as there is another sprint stage coming, GT sprinters try to put as little effort into climbing stages as possible -- so as to be fresh for the sprint stage. If they play it just right, they barely beat the time cuts every time. That said, I think Cavendish and Kittel knew they had no hope of winning any stages in this year's Tour, so they intentionally missed the cut.
Quote Reply

Prev Next