Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

LA or OC rides comparable to Placid hills???
Quote | Reply
Training for IM LP and looking for rides in the L.A. or Orange County area that match up with the hills in Placid. Right now doing PCH from the LBC to Dana Point and back with a 1/2 ascent of Newport Coast Drive 2 or 3x. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: LA or OC rides comparable to Placid hills??? [Lane Meyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lane, I too am training for LP and live in Dana Point. I have been told that the ride out san antonio, to cooks corner, then our silverado cyn is a excellent training ride. the grade is as steep and the hills are longer and more of them. From Dana Point to Irvine regional park is about 75 miles round trip

Steve larson
Quote Reply
Re: LA or OC rides comparable to Placid hills??? [tristeve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do this ride on a weekly basis and it seems from the profile to be very close, if not harder than Placid. I live in Aliso Viejo and enter the Canyon from Jamboree Rd and Chapman Ave in Orange. From Santiago Canyon you can then go into RSM and down Antonio Pkwy to Ortega Hwy, then on the Dana Point. Going this way (South) through the Canyon is much tougher than going North (as most people do). A Friend and I will be doing this route as part of our Century this weekend. We'll hit the Canyon around 7:45 and 8:00 on Saturday, if your interested. The total vertical climbing for this ride is about 4000ft, according to my polar 710.

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply