Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

L. Garneau Prologue Helmet
Quote | Reply
What are everyones thoughts on the Aero Prologue Helmet...do you think it offers much time gain over a 40K., much of an advantage over a standard helmet? Seems like it would help the airflow somewhat over the back....any estimates on how much?
Quote Reply
Re: L. Garneau Prologue Helmet [schumacher 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used this helmet in four races last year. Here are my thoughts: You can't wear Oakley M Frame Pro sunglasses with this helmet because of the part that covers your ears. It has to be modified- which you should never do. The fit of the helmet was good. I did not get too warm in it even on hot days. I use the one without the visor, which is my preference. We sold about 12 of them last year. I think it may trim a couple seconds and it looks intimidating.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: L. Garneau Prologue Helmet [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, here I go disagreeing with you again. "It looks intimidating." Well, if by "intimidating", you mean "goofy", then I agree. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed the helmets you had in your store had no visors .Do you have an opinion on them or is this just your preferance? Cullen
Quote Reply
Re: L. Garneau Prologue Helmet [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree on this! It looks seriously Goofy! :-)
now if they come with the same flower power color that specialized has, that will look cool :-))

(btw for those who have wife's wanting the flower helmet of spec. they are on sale for 19.99 on the specialized website!!!)
Quote Reply
Re: L. Garneau Prologue Helmet [Cullen Watkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The visor can be a blessing and a curse - it's nice on a short couse (<= Oly) if there isn't too much sun simply b/c it saves you the trouble of putting on sunglasses (though there is supposedly a tinted lens out there somewhere which could help even on a sunny day). But, the lens doesn't seem to come down enough (at least for me) and can cause the wind to do funky things with your eyes as well as distort your field of vision if it isn't on just right. The other issue, as Tom notes, is M frames don't fit under it, which really is a pain if you like to race with those (which I do). And getting it on and off - yet another serious pain.

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Briko Jumper glasses fit under the Prologue V helmet just fine. I had trouble with my Bolle' Parole (they also had a prescription stacker underneath, as well). I did race with my regular glasses with this helmet, and they fit fine.

I based the decision on whether or not to purchase the Briko glasses on if they were low enough profile for the visor of the Louis Garneau helmet. I think the Jumpers are some of the lower profile sport glasses out there.

To say it my way, the Prologue helmet rocks!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the non-visor version with Oakley Racing Jackets, work fine, FYI
Quote Reply