Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

L'Alpe d'Huez - Live Coverage on OLN or otherwise?
Quote | Reply
I hope I read the OLNTV schedule incorrectly. It looks like Sunday's stage will not be televised until the evening. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I have been wanting to watch this stage since the route was announced.

Thanks. DavidK
Quote Reply
Re: L'Alpe d'Huez - Live Coverage on OLN or otherwise? [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No live coverage of Alp d'Huez. CBS has the rights to the stage and is showing a 1 hour program at noon on the West Coast. Read: 30 minutes after they finish with the recap and all the feel good stories and mindless banter. We will have to wait until primetime for the OLN coverage.
Quote Reply
Re: L'Alpe d'Huez - Live Coverage on OLN or otherwise? [amy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Sunday is my long ride.

I am so ticked off. My mouth has been watering waiting for Sunday, I have watched all the live coverage this week, and the TTT twice. My weekend has been ruined.

F$%&

The Cuban Comet
(Comets are unbelievably slow over Cuba)
Quote Reply
Re: L'Alpe d'Huez - Live Coverage on OLN or otherwise? [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are they? Crazy? NO, the station programming manager is obviously not a real cycling fan. THE most important stage of the race and they don't have live coverage? Give the hunters Saturday if you absolutely must, but give us L'Alp!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: L'Alpe d'Huez - Live Coverage on OLN or otherwise? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess CBS simply outbid them for the Saturday feed and therefore have a choice with what they do with it. They'll probably fill the hour with tearful bios or compress it into 30 minutes because a few moronic jocks are playing some one sided game of Fighting on Ice, like NBC with the IM/Olympic coverage.
Quote Reply
Re: L'Alpe d'Huez - Live Coverage on OLN or otherwise? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's isn't that OLN didn't want the stage and decided that hunting is better but that CBS has the rights. It was this way last year also.
CBS has had sunday tour coverage for as long as I can remember and that is back to the LeMond days. They do a review of the week and the live coverage. CBS has a lot more money to buy the rights so we are out of luck on sundays.

A
Quote Reply