Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kuota and Norminator no more?
Quote | Reply
There is rumor in Europe that the Norminator may not ride Kuota anymore. He was seen at a recent triathlon with the Kuota logos of his Kuota Kueen K covered.

Herbert
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be a shame if it were true. Besides what LA did for Trek, one can argue that no other athlete did as much for a bike company as Stadler did for Kuota. Perhaps Kuota feels that they are more of a household name now and don't need his endorsment.
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [Tri Slow Poke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe they are getting new logos created?

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or perhaps Normann feels like he is a bigger household name and needs kuota no longer. 2 sides to every issue after all, at least until the facts come out.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jun 22, 08 12:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That would be a shame if it were true. Besides what LA did for Trek, one can argue that no other athlete did as much for a bike company as Stadler did for Kuota. Perhaps Kuota feels that they are more of a household name now and don't need his endorsment.
I heard the other way...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's gotta be a pretty smart move for him. the queen k is a design disaster for an aero TT bike. but, admittedly, it is not alone in this regard ...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true. Perhaps Normann himself will see our thread and comment!
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [gregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
that's gotta be a pretty smart move for him. the queen k is a design disaster for an aero TT bike. but, admittedly, it is not alone in this regard ...
There are a lot of things preventing him winning again and design of the bike is not the first thing on the list. Lets start with his giant ego. He has to tame that first and then he might reach the class of others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with the Kueen K? It doesn't look any better or wore than the Kalibur and it worked just fine for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will look for his bike in T1 at IM Germany in a few weeks and see what he is riding. And maybe take a few pictures.

Hugh Blake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What's wrong with the Kueen K? It doesn't look any better or wore than the Kalibur and it worked just fine for him.
Aerodynamics in freethrow! He couldn't throw it far enough to the lava fields like Kalibur.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is also wearing 2xu now.

And he has a major Lance Armstrong farmer's tan. He must have been doing some serious training; if I were his competition, I'd be afraid of him this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do people say norman has a big ego? I have friends as well who don't like him as well, saying he's not a great athlete winning kona only on the bike. I'm going to admit that i think he's great at triathlons maximizing his strong points. Yet i haven't seen any press or interviews where he has bashed other athletes (minus macca since that whole thing is a back and forth banter) most press stuff that i have seen with him, is usually him defending his race style
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL! Perhaps you're right. It's a little heavier so he can't get a good lift on it like the "good ole' days"!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need a good TT bike.. or at least not the best. Look at Chrissie Wellington last year in Kona.

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She was riding a more aero bike than the Kuotas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You don't need a good TT bike.. or at least not the best. Look at Chrissie Wellington last year in Kona.

The P2C is much more aero than the Kueen-K. Kuota designed the Kueen-K from a stiffness-first perspective. I'm not sure that's what I'd do if I was designing a TT bike, but to each his own. Normann (and traditionally all Germans, at least among the pros) prioritize stiffness, to a likely detrimental degree. I'll be interested to see what he's riding this summer.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....totally agree...the P2C is one of the best TT bikes out there, and I'll happily concede that it is more slippery than the Kalibur...no arguement there. Just like the look of the Kalibur better (and prefer its look over the KueenK), and as we know when it comes to age group racing, its all about how cool your bling looks, cause if you are happy about your gear...

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure and I agree. The bottom line was just that you don't need to have the most aero, most light, most everything, to be the best. And I think Chrissie was on the P2SL not P2C (still, more aero than the Kueen-K).

Anyway.. the Kueen-K probably isn't the best in aerodynamics but sure has the looks :-)

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She was on a P2C. no aero helmet either.
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you can run like she can/did, you don't need no steeenkin' aero helmet!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but only for the run ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you havent looked, check out the back of Triathlete this month(if i am correct on the mag) there is a picture of Tj Tollackson also riding a Kueen K with no logos, whats up with that?

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Kuota and Norminator no more? [Flaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the picture. However, he's sponsored by Specialized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so then whats up with that picture? Its quite obvious thats a Kueen K and not the Transition...?

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next