Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series
Quote | Reply
Unabashed LS and TC post here.

Haters gonna hate - but the content put out in the last 6 months has been nothing short on info, perspective, honesty and ultimately performance. Stunning stuff.

The Race Week videos have made 10 am my favorite time of the week this week. Just check it out. Not just Lionel, Talbot gets some friendly faces and some great before the race stuff. Super fun, getting me PUMPED for StG and thanks boys for the inspiration!

PS...thanks Eric and Paula, and Sam, and Andres Lopes, and all the content creators stepping up their game. So good!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a huge fan of the work as well. His two phase videos are probably the most transparent and insightful videos i have found dealing with triathlon and the athletes perspective.

The best part about his videos, even early ones, is it truly feels like he is talking directly to me. There is a great connection to the audience there

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to admit I refresh my YouTube frequently nowadays. I am loving the rise in videos and content from the pros! Keep it coming!
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw today's video and they look like Ferraris, Lambos, race horses and Nascars getting prepped for the race.
Great shots and content!!
Last edited by: s13tx: Mar 11, 21 14:26
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally!

We are really blessed to see the growth and progression of these guys doing content right now. It's so good for the sport - creating more indepth knowledge of the athletes. I love it. It's pretty incredible stuff.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to DFRU for posting this.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This means a lot. I seriously create this stuff because of comments like this. We are trying to push content to a new level on Lionels Channel. I hope you guys enjoyed race week. Can’t wait for tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the others. Great stuff, fantastic editing.
Especially now with almost no racing going on and races already postponing its great to watch your material to keep my motivation up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can someone explain what's going on here (from 7:05):

Lionel enters a room, accompanied by a woman (I think it's his wife Erin, who he addresses in the previous scene).

He says hello to everyone while she is waiting by the entrance. He joins the circle and talks to people, his back turned on Erin.

Maybe I'm weird, but here in Europe such behavior would be considered really rude. Even if it wasn't a woman. Even if it were a person with lower status than you. It's almost like she's told to stay in the shadow and not ruin the hero's spotlight.

You get in the room, you introduce Erin to anybody who may not know her, and she joins the circle.

I'm not here to teach anybody politeness, but this just struck me as super weird, especially given how much he talked about Erin being part of his efforts and his success in past videos - basically giving massive support to his career.

On another note, I love Lionel, but anybody who believes that he is a pro athlete who swims with a swimmer group and never gets up before 10.00 a.m. should delete their account. Plenty of info, performance, humor, reflection, etc., but the honesty is not 100%.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Mar 12, 21 0:37
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:

Lionel enters a room, accompanied by a woman (I think it's his wife Erin, who he addresses in the previous scene).

He says hello to everyone while she is waiting by the entrance. He joins the circle and talks to people, his back turned on Erin.

Maybe I'm weird, but here in Europe such behavior would be considered really rude. Even if it wasn't a woman. Even if it were a person with lower status than you. It's almost like she's told to stay in the shadow and not ruin the hero's spotlight.

You get in the room, you introduce Erin to anybody who may not know her, and she joins the circle.

I'm not here to teach anybody politeness, but this just struck me as super weird, especially given how much he talked about Erin being part of his efforts and his success in past videos - basically giving massive support to his career.

On another note, I love Lionel, but anybody who believes that he is a pro athlete who swims with a swimmer group and never gets up before 10.00 a.m. should delete their account. Plenty of info, performance, humor, reflection, etc., but the honesty is not 100%.

This is an 11 minute video that has certain clips of the day. We didn’t see anyone eat breakfast but that doesn’t mean they didn’t eat.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi.

No reason to introduce Erin as We are all friends. Erin said high to Lucy and Reece as well. We are all with each other all the time. There is no reason to re introduce Erin every time. Also I cut this clip. Everyone did say high but I cut it to the bike part convo the second they walked in. :) thanks for watching.
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great videos, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:

Please do, your analysis is a farce.
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha Ha. I must admit the 10am thing made me somewhat angry as I settled into my 6am 90minute threshold bike session before work today.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please keep doing such great work, Talbot! I check in regularly to see what is going on - I really like the way you cover the sport and the humans behind it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are definitely pushing it to a new level, and while obviously it gets dissected (uhhhhhhhh) the vast majority enjoy it for the entertainment value and it's super appreciated.

Have a blast today - no scooter board things, and hope you get to make an extremely fun video post race!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean....Didn't you know Canadians are well known to be the rudest of all people?
Last edited by: ADabs: Mar 12, 21 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The content has been very entertaining and extremely insightful
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Lionel and Talbot for the Race Week series [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ADabs wrote:
I mean....Didn't you know Canadians are well known to be the rudest of all people?

right up there with the english . . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please keep it up! I appreciate what you do so much. God bless!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the videos. Great work as usual.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Hi.

No reason to introduce Erin as We are all friends. Erin said high to Lucy and Reece as well. We are all with each other all the time. There is no reason to re introduce Erin every time. Also I cut this clip. Everyone did say high but I cut it to the bike part convo the second they walked in. :) thanks for watching.

Thanks for the response.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply