Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kuat Trio - using 15x100 instead of 12x100
Quote | Reply
I've got Kuat Trios on both my car and my wife's car. Love these bike racks.

My question for the group is this. My road and gravel bikes, and my wife's road bike, are all 12x100 thru axle. The Trio comes with a 15x100 sleeve. How big a deal is it to use the 15x100 sleeve versus buying the 12x100 sleeve?

Obviously there would be some play with the axle when mounted, but if tightened down how big a deal is this?

For background, I also have a hitch mounted rack that we use for long trips. The roof rack is for shorter trips where it isn't worth getting the hitch rack out of the shed (so hour of driving or less). Also I've used the 15x100 several times now with the 12x100 axles and haven't noticed an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Kuat Trio - using 15x100 instead of 12x100 [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I opened this thinking it was going to be a swim thread, nothing to add...
Quote Reply
Re: Kuat Trio - using 15x100 instead of 12x100 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha - looking at the title I can see that now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can buy 15x100 -> 12x100 adapter sleeves. No way would I mount my bike with play in the front mount on the roof of a car.
Quote Reply
Re: Kuat Trio - using 15x100 instead of 12x100 [tylerwal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the sleeves. They are about as much as new Kuat sleeves unless you know so some in the ~$10 range.

The play is what I’m asking about. There’s no way it can come off. So really I’m worried about movement/scrapping on the inside of the fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ttusomeone wrote:
I saw the sleeves. They are about as much as new Kuat sleeves unless you know so some in the ~$10 range.

The play is what I’m asking about. There’s no way it can come off. So really I’m worried about movement/scrapping on the inside of the fork.

~$15 on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NZ2V13T
Quote Reply