Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kristin Armstrong (ex-wife) blog post
Quote | Reply
Can we post about her since she is legally independant of He Who Shall Not Be named? If so, she writes for Runners World and has a very interesting blog post. http://milemarkers.runnersworld.com

Love the "wasband" reference.
Last edited by: KauaiHigh: Oct 19, 12 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong blog post [KauaiHigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Non-disclosure agreements are an essential part of every personal relationship, and every innocent person with absolutely nothing to hide should consider getting one.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is an excellent piece.

I'll await ST to flame, but it was an excellent piece. thanks for posting it.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong blog post [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
That is an excellent piece.

I'll await ST to flame, but it was an excellent piece. thanks for posting it.

I agree. Given the constraints she has, both legal and personal, she got a lot in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to avoid confusion I propose that Kristin Armstrong threads should have either Kristin Armstrong (ex-wife) or Kristin Armstrong (badass) as the subject line.
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong blog post [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Just to avoid confusion I propose that Kristin Armstrong threads should have either Kristin Armstrong (ex-wife) or Kristin Armstrong (badass) as the subject line.

Great point - done
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong (ex-wife) blog post [KauaiHigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I know what truth is. I know my past. Not telling or selling my tales to the press is my choice - one that I made primarily for my children. And there are many things that I am not free to discuss because I am constrained by legal principles like marital privilege, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.

isnt this pretty much saying yep my ex is a huge doper?
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong blog post [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
+1
It took me a second to understand why Kristin Armstrong was writing about running. I was thinking it might be some sort of off season cross training.

+1 on it being a great piece - said a LOT without saying anything.
She is either a really gifted writer or was on amphetamines when she wrote it.

- Pete

Luckily my over eating disorder is offset by my over exercising disorder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, she is good.

Also paused at "wasband." That's kinda awesome.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong (ex-wife) blog post [KoNP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really. There are a lot of celebrities and athletes out there who have confidentially agreements and are not dopers. Michael Jordan had one with his ex. To the best of everyone's knowledge, he's not a doper. Sugar Ray Leonard is another famous athlete. When you are famous, you don't want a nasty divorce to tarnish your brand name.

I'm not saying that I don't believe Lance is a doper because he clearly is, but there are lots of reasons for non-disclosure agreements in the world of famous people/marriages. Many of those reasons do not involve doping.

Last edited by: zoom: Oct 19, 12 11:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting this article. I've been very concerned for Kristin Armstrong and her children. Again, thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong (ex-wife) blog post [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zoom wrote:
Not really. There are a lot of celebrities and athletes out there who have confidentially agreements and are not dopers. Michael Jordan had one with his ex. To the best of everyone's knowledge, he's not a doper. .

Please tell me this isn't popular opionion?

John

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that wasn't even a non-denial denial. It was an "I'm not saying anything" non-denial. That walked a fine line. I'm sure Lance's lawyers are giving her lawyers a call.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong (ex-wife) blog post [KoNP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KoNP wrote:
Quote:
I know what truth is. I know my past. Not telling or selling my tales to the press is my choice - one that I made primarily for my children. And there are many things that I am not free to discuss because I am constrained by legal principles like marital privilege, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.

isnt this pretty much saying yep my ex is a huge doper?

There seemed to have been a lot of (maybe not so) subtle hints in there admitting to the doping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KauaiHigh wrote:
Love the "wasband" reference.

I'm sure her children are proud and totally not a mess. This turned into reality tv soap opera pathetic really quickly. I'm not sure what you guys are excited about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is one strong woman. Mad props and much admiration for her.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sigh... Okay. I'll disagree, but only because I'm in a mood today.

In my opinion, her writing is sort of edgeless, and that's exactly why it works well in a publication like Runners' World. That said, RW sells much better than anything I've ever written.

I do feel for her and all of Armstrong's kids. Everything that's gone on in the last nine days is simply mind blowing; I can't begin to imagine what it's like for anyone in LA's family.

-------------------------------

"People with advantages are loath to believe that they just happen to be people with advantages" C. Wright Mills
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong (ex-wife) blog post [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong blog post [Toronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toronto wrote:

I do feel for her and all of Armstrong's kids. Everything that's gone on in the last nine days is simply mind blowing; I can't begin to imagine what it's like for anyone in LA's family.

I feel exactly the same. Regardless of what he did, how do you explain what is being said in the media to your kids :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I am a Mother by Kristin Armstrong" - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdN8LLNeVCA
Last edited by: trichris: Oct 19, 12 11:59
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong blog post [neda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's so sad. My best to Kristin and the kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really?

I thought it looked like any of a million cryptic facebook posts from people who want to be asked what they really mean when no one was asking.
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong blog post [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
therein lies us as people. Appropriately different opinions. thats all good.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong blog post [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is sad, I'll give you this. But Kristin, like most of the dopers in question, has benefited greatly from the situation that doping created. There is a very specific reason that she has not gone back to her maiden name. There is no doubt that Kristin is a smart woman and talented writer, but there is also no doubt that the opportunities she's had have been created by taking advantage of who her "wasband" is.

I feel bad for those kids, and hope that one day they are able to make sense of the actions both their father and mother made.
Quote Reply
Re: Kristin Armstrong blog post [lmicah3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay!
Quote Reply

Prev Next