Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST
Quote | Reply
As Cameron is following ST (at least he posted some comments I would love to see his Kona race report / thoughts. His powerfile is already on Strava but some personal input would highly be appreciated.
Last edited by: Livio Livius: Oct 21, 18 1:30
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m sure old mate will post it here when it’s written.

http://cameronwurf.blogspot.com

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much as I am a big fan of the little bloodnut and have been ever since he used to flog me in the on water trials, I wish he'd find the punctuation keys on his keyboard, and the spellcheck function on his computer.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He just posted his Kona report

http://cameronwurf.blogspot.com/2018/10/kona.html
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [chrisrpdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting read as always, i was hoping for the race to play out a bit differently, but awesome to see his improvement and must be great for him to feel he can compete on the highest level. I think he will improve a lot and we will start seeing more 2:50 runs. Hopefully next year Kona is windy and stacked and we will see a great race.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [chrisrpdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Patrick's domestic delux, lets call him handy Andy

LOL
Last edited by: dogchili94: Oct 19, 18 10:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting read but I was surprised about his revelation regarding the swim. I’m constantly amazed by how poor some tri coaches are when it comes to the swim. Kick seems to be the most overlooked aspect of most triathletes swimming because they think it will tire their legs out. It’s not about propulsion, it’s about keeping them out of the way so they aren’t acting as anchors!

Anyway always awesome to see Pros take the time to do write ups and I loved seeing him approach the race the way he did this year. Seemed like a pretty solid game plan. Just wish more triathletes would join competitive swimming clubs!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [Pb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was news to me that he was working with Denis Cotterell on top of the Team Sky advisors. That's some serious coaching bandwidth.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He sure has no trouble stating that it was a team effort this year...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chrisrpdx wrote:
He just posted his Kona report

http://cameronwurf.blogspot.com/2018/10/kona.html

Very interesting, thanks for posting!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't realize he was basically my neighbor. Interesting. I used to ride with Tim a lot. Or try to ride with him while he dropped everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
altayloraus wrote:
I wish he'd find the punctuation keys on his keyboard, and the spellcheck function on his computer.
yeah, that was a tough read
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When Wurf first started doing IM, I will admit to thinking he is fooling himself if he thinks he’ll ever win Kona. Gotta hand it to him, to place in the top 10 already is crazy good, and I think if the Kona winds return in the next couple of years, he has a very good chance at winning.
Ironman is becoming more and more strategic, and Wurf brings a really good dynamic to the sport. Great that he shares his blogs, eveniftheyarehardtoread. 😊
Tubs
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

In fact, hsi report is making me change my mind a little. He seems convinced that it was deliberate.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year he also flip flopped on what happened. He tried to clear the pathway working for Sanders and Sebi (and no one here had a problem with it), then he actually held back and him blowing up on the run had nothing to do with it, then he totally went balls to the wall, then...

*shrug*
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

In fact, hsi report is making me change my mind a little. He seems convinced that it was deliberate.

100% deliberate. Lange's comments at awards press conference make that pretty clear even though he tried to walk them back. First thing he did was thank his teammate for the work he did on the bike, then stuttered, then tried to walk it back. But it was pretty evident when the time came to thank everyone (sponsors, wife, etc....) the first thing out of his mouth was to thank Drietz.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
bluefever wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

100% deliberate. Lange's comments at awards press conference make that pretty clear even though he tried to walk them back. First thing he did was thank his teammate for the work he did on the bike, then stuttered, then tried to walk it back. But it was pretty evident when the time came to thank everyone (sponsors, wife, etc....) the first thing out of his mouth was to thank Drietz.

I wonder how big Dreitz's cheque is from Erdinger vs how big his cheque would be if he came in say 7th or 8th.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice blog post.

I'm wondering, do we know why Cam is riding the GP4000? Seems like a slower wheel compared to his competitors?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably same reason last year he used standard tubes not latex. I'm not sure what he used this year but his response was 'I don't like punctures.'

[/url]
Herbert Krabel
Tom Wieselblad This is what he said when I followed up: "Standard conti tubes, nothing fancy, I don't like punctures"
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
bluefever wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

This part from Cam's blog is funny:

"The running group wasn't blowing apart the way it had every single year since the races inception. No, instead they where back there happily rolling along behind Patrick's domestic delux, lets call him handy Andy, and where happy as pigs in mud. I had to make an important decision. Go all in and just get as bigger lead as possible. Or, cool the jets and accept if i want to win this thing I'm going to have to run faster than I've ever run before. There was really no decision to make, i was here to win so i eased up and started to prepare for the run, i had to go for it."

Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it funny where on other threads you have armchair critics calling his race tactics as terrible and he needs a rethink as he imploded on the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wurf seems to talk the most trash and also would be perfect in the Whine like a bitch thread. Also, it's "champing" not "chomping".

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Oct 20, 18 14:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I interviewed him last year
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is he whining? He is stating facts and even says he wouldn’t have won either way.
Trash talking i agree, and love it!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Kona race report - Cameron Wurf - would love to see his story on ST [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG, it's because Patrick drafted off of Andre...even though Starky and I shared a load together oh my. Fucking hell Wurfy, the reason you lost is run like shit. Also, he's a horrible speller.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next