Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers
Quote | Reply
If you look at the college football and World Series lineup for tomorrow, nobody other than us will be paying any attention to Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [altissimotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Less laggy livestreamđź‘Ť
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [altissimotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You won't believe it but there is a world outside the USA.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone besides us ever watch it?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of livestream, got a link to watch it?

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [nicholasJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Living proof, I'm not american
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [Slug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
facebook .. ironman now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:

As if anyone from the USA would watch.

Its not Like any yanks will come 1 2 or 3.

Germans will clean up.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
altissimotri wrote:
If you look at the college football and World Series lineup for tomorrow, nobody other than us will be paying any attention to Kona.

lol... none of those people would watch Kona on any other day....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
altissimotri wrote:
Every year has football, playoff baseball, etc in October. This year no different.

Also this year, as always with IM, viewership will be the smallest in niche viewing and never, ever, ever mainstream
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s not a fair stereotype, I love watching college football and watching Kona, and I’m sure not the only football fan here. Hell I might try and have both on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:

Haha. Literally no one outside the States CGAF about college football or the 'World' Series. I think that's about 7.4 billion people.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nobody that isn’t us cares about triathlon anyway and the few who do will be watching. It sucks being surrounded by nothing but obsession for football and the other big 4 sports here in the USA when I can’t stand any of them but as some have said, non-USA viewers shouldn’t be affected much.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [maarten.claes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I keep getting bogus links and redirected in my own searches.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
altissimotri wrote:
Kona picked a terrible event (ie triathlon) if they want viewers. nobody other than us will be paying any attention to Kona.

I fixed your title and post for you
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 12, 19 4:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there are two type of people:
1. Those who enjoy triathlon enough that they are willing to sit in front of a screen and watch people work out for 8 hours
2. Those who thing the above sounds ridiculous (though they may be my wife and will sit next to me the whole time anyway)

I think people who are going to tune into Kona are planning to do so no matter what else is on.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cmart wrote:

And no one outside of it pays attention to college football or the 'world' series.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this race is even on your radar you aren't deciding between Kona and college FB and MLB playoffs. Also, doesn't this happen every year...?

“The answer is hard work. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? Are you riding your bike? January 1st – are you riding your bike?”- Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
cmart wrote:

And no one outside of it pays attention to college football or the 'world' series.

You do realize how ironic this comment is, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [nicholasJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nicholasJ wrote:
Does anyone besides us ever watch it?

The few guys at work who have any idea what Ironman is (except the absolute basics of “some running swimming thing”) only know of it as the 2 hour show on NBC.

For those of us in Canada, it’s Canadian thanksgiving (you know, the real one! Not the stupid Football one) so I have to hide my phone in my lap while I visit with family I haven’t seen in 10 months.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have the stream link? The Facebook live redirects you to some scammy looking Parryplay website to sign up
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can relate.

My daughter's baby shower this afternoon. Planning to have my Ipad on in some place so I can at least see bits of the race! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [Dugansposse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Kona picked a terrible day if they want viewers [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
cmart wrote:

Haha. Literally no one outside the States CGAF about college football or the 'World' Series. I think that's about 7.4 billion people.

I mean as far as baseball goes the World Series of Major League Baseball is pretty important. About 250m viewers outside the US watch every year. It might be more this year if the Yankees make it (they won’t) but we won’t know for 10 days because that is when the World series starts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next