Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Frankbul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Instantly made the coverage better!!!! Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark M wrote:
Yes…just terrific coverage so far.

Video coverage is good but the banal commentary is even more awful than I remember.

Carfrae brought a new dynamic earlier on but we are already onto the useless drivel of old.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
As far as i can tell - going to full screen is the only way to hide the chat. I don't know who Noel is, but i'm sure tired of reading about him already.

Seems there’s a whole bunch of kids who are watching their first triathlon ever just for that guy.

We wanted the sport to “grow”. Well, it did.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The commentary is inane drivel other than when Rinny is on.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In what cases should FL work? If she’s a strong cyclist she should sit in, if she’s a weak cyclist she should sit in. //

Yes at this point she should just sit in and take Lucy's pace. She had to bridge, so we know she can ride faster than this, but best to recover from that effort, and see in a couple hours how you are then feeling. If Lucy slips off the pace at all and she is still at her watts, then maybe take the lead and set pace for awhile. Give Lucy just a little break, and then perhaps she comes back again. Very impressed with FL tactics for now, but of course we dont know how she is actually feeling. She could pop off at any time, sit on forever, or help set pace if she actually feels it is too easy at some point..

loving the coverage and shots, but would like to see more of the chase groups and their gaps.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
More like 7 minutes down for Ryf, and a pretty big gap to the 2nd group too. She has made it very hard on herself setting up this ride today, and letting others be with her that should have been 3 minutes in the rears to start the bike.

Something wrong with Ryf, that was slower than the jellyfish swim, way back to skye, not normal. Too bad, would have been fun to see her once more killing it.

Covid? I know at least one female pro caught it day out.

Anyway, it is there for the taking now

Ps. Happy if I called it too early
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
As far as i can tell - going to full screen is the only way to hide the chat. I don't know who Noel is, but i'm sure tired of reading about him already.

click the little video camera icon, as if you wanted to record a fan reaction. It will remove the chat.

“The answer is hard work. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? Are you riding your bike? January 1st – are you riding your bike?”- Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're a midrange pro, there's a ton of value in leading Kona and doing so for as long as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whilst most of the men seem to have their bike positions dialled in some of the women still have work to do. A lot of it being down to women generally being smaller and bikes just not being designed for them. Some of it is just poor positioning and kit choices. Some ‘aero’ helmets are massive and surely cannot be helping to reduce drag??
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something wrong with Ryf, that was slower than the jellyfish swim,//

No it wasn't slower, you cannot look at times from different years and compare. She did miss her group(2nd one) but she is just 3 minutes down on a good swim for her, not the 8 or 9 she lost with the jellyfish.

I did notice that Laura B was really sweating bullets. There was a stead stream of sweat dripping down from her face, not a good sign for later
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
If you're a midrange pro, there's a ton of value in leading Kona and doing so for as long as possible.

That’s what I’m saying… if she’s a racer she’ll sit in.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Joss1965] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joss1965 wrote:
Whilst most of the men seem to have their bike positions dialled in some of the women still have work to do. A lot of it being down to women generally being smaller and bikes just not being designed for them. Some of it is just poor positioning and kit choices. Some ‘aero’ helmets are massive and surely cannot be helping to reduce drag??

I support this post.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for Lucy letting FL take the lead, not sure she was ready for that. Shows that Lucy is thinking out there, not just looking at her numbers in a vacuum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great swim by LCB -- not that that was ever in question. A little surprised how close the chase pack was, which I think is a good thing for the sport and for the rest of the race as we watch things play out. Lucy had a strong T1. Langridge made the call to bridge up & now the two can work together until some of the better bikers catch them.

They keep saying the wind isn't too bad which probably favors some of the better runners. It's more difficult to draft when it's windier. Norden & Phillip seem to be in good spots. Dew point will be ~70 degrees by the time they get to the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Good for Lucy letting FL take the lead, not sure she was ready for that. Shows that Lucy is thinking out there, not just looking at her numbers in a vacuum

Takes courage and wisdom to do that. Well done.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [dcpinsonn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Haug can stay in that group she will be in great shape. Might be a little hot on the effort though.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we sorta agree to give some serious kudos to Ironman for this coverage, at least the investment, ambition and technology is better than anything I have ever seen. OK, commentary is the same as always :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets hope so. Although there were something like 20 age groupers faster or similar to her....

Anyway she is giving a ride to Laura and Anne, if she is ok, it might actually be worse for them even if they get a draft. I guess second half of the bike will tell
Last edited by: markko: Oct 6, 22 11:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going out on a limb with a way to early prediction that Anne Haug wins this.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting to see no wind at all as we approach Waikoloa.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
swimcyclesprint wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to close the 'chat' on IronmanNow? Trying to watch on an ipad and having the chat open makes the actual broadcast multiview (leader/chase/etc.) really small. First world problems, so far this is great coverage!!

Full screen mode. I selected multiview then full screen. Five cameras and no chat. :)

This is the way
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The flags at Waikaloa always tell the story of the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the Top 6 places British or former colonies and top 9 out of 11?
Last edited by: MrTri123: Oct 6, 22 11:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fanella reminds me of Dede Greisbrier race the first year she raced hammering surging with Michelle Jones and cramped before the end of bike……seen this show before but let’s see.
Quote Reply

Prev Next