Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [cherry_bomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:
For anyone who isn’t already - watch the coverage via ironmannow.com rather than via Facebook. 5 different cameras plus live leaderboard showing average pace and gap. Really good coverage so far.
Thank you!!

And wow...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The coverage on You Tube is the same as Ironman now.com fyi. Easier to watch on TV vs. a device.

Great race so far, going to be a fun day.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
monty wrote:
Lucy is ending up with the best possible scenario. She is going to get here off the front bike group of 5, and she will have made those other 4 work much harder than if she had just let them sit on her from the gun. Like a boxer, this is a body blow to Laura and the others, as they would have not done a single pull if they had sat on her.

And looks like it will be a great gap to the uberbikers/runners, so they could conceivably be out there for many, many hours, and perhaps just a Danny will come up solo. That is the best case for Lucy for sure..

Attacking from the gun never works. Violates the “attack as late as possible, but just before everyone else” rule. But if LCB backed off for tactical reasons, then good. Hope she can sit on Ryf’s wheel for the rest of the race.

E

Are you in the future???
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Oct 6, 22 10:44
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what the bright orange bike is? And what is below the downtube a fairing or flat kit?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [TriathlonSean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonSean wrote:
The coverage on You Tube is the same as Ironman now.com fyi. Easier to watch on TV vs. a device.

Great race so far, going to be a fun day.

The multiview is great, what a difference it makes.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [DavidC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4.6 mile split Ryf group not making any time into LCB. Heather Jackson +13:48 out of swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Attacking from the gun never works.
---
Yeah, but that's been Lucy's m.o. for years. It seems to be working for her. (Unless you're one of those who views 2nd place as unsuccessful)

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two Brits at the front

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the most entertaining things about watching on YouTube is the comments from clueless people in the live feed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Two Brits at the front

E

Yes, do you think they’ll work together or will FL just sit in?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone figured out how to close the 'chat' on IronmanNow? Trying to watch on an ipad and having the chat open makes the actual broadcast multiview (leader/chase/etc.) really small. First world problems, so far this is great coverage!!

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
habbywall wrote:
Does anyone know what the bright orange bike is? And what is below the downtube a fairing or flat kit?

The bike that Rebecca Clarke is riding? It's an Orbea Ordu, and yeah that's a flat kit on the downtube near the bottom bracket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes…just terrific coverage so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Attacking from the gun never works.
---
Yeah, but that's been Lucy's m.o. for years. It seems to be working for her. (Unless you're one of those who views 2nd place as unsuccessful)

2nd place is the literal definition of unsuccessful.

I’m calling BS on the motos… LCB moto filming from behind, Ryf’s moto quartering in front. Not good.

Who is in fourth? Needs a bike fit.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Last edited by: ericMPro: Oct 6, 22 10:52
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already showing motos just in front of LCB
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So really impressed with FL to bridge up and then lock in. Looks like the 3rd and 4th will be on their own until some from that group of 7 catch on. But at some point there will be ladies from that merged group going to the front I believe, well before Ryf and others can even get close..
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [swimcyclesprint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as i can tell - going to full screen is the only way to hide the chat. I don't know who Noel is, but i'm sure tired of reading about him already.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriathlonSean wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Two Brits at the front

E

Yes, do you think they’ll work together or will FL just sit in?

Depends on her bike racing IQ… if she’s confident she’ll sit in if she’s scared she’ll pull.

Maybe she works with LCB and puts herself into podium contention, I don’t know. If a third person joins then it’s time to work together.

If it were me I’d sit in.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
So really impressed with FL to bridge up and then lock in. Looks like the 3rd and 4th will be on their own until some from that group of 7 catch on. But at some point there will be ladies from that merged group going to the front I believe, well before Ryf and others can even get close..

In what cases should FL work? If she’s a strong cyclist she should sit in, if she’s a weak cyclist she should sit in.

If she’s an average cyclist I could see a case for working, but really it’s all on LCB because LCB is wants to win. This is the problem with attacking at the gun.

E

Last edited by: ericMPro: Oct 6, 22 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to get rid of the chat side bar on ironmannow.com by doing a right click + inspect and deleting the element
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:
For anyone who isn’t already - watch the coverage via ironmannow.com rather than via Facebook. 5 different cameras plus live leaderboard showing average pace and gap. Really good coverage so far.

It's brilliant.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Frankbul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Genius! Thank you!

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What you can do is run a single camera view, then in lower right of that view got to full screen. That window can also run as a background window. That’s how I watch and use the tracker app at the same time.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [DavidC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fenella moves up to take a pull!

any sense of what happened to sarah true? i though she was ahead of the german group and now it looks like she's 10s off the back of it.

also, bummer about ruth astle - looks like she was have a great swim at first and then something went wrong?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Last edited by: iron_mike: Oct 6, 22 11:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swimcyclesprint wrote:
Has anyone figured out how to close the 'chat' on IronmanNow? Trying to watch on an ipad and having the chat open makes the actual broadcast multiview (leader/chase/etc.) really small. First world problems, so far this is great coverage!!

Full screen mode. I selected multiview then full screen. Five cameras and no chat. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next