Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Was it TOD what 3 years ago didn’t run prior to Kona for like 3 months dealing w an foot issue and podiumed.

Sometimes saving it for race day can work out.

To no one in particular:

For the broadcast, remind the techno challenged idiots (me) how / where to watch again?

Yes was TO, good for 2nd and best Kona run ever.

Facebook watch, YouTube, and Peacock(this doesn’t start until a couple hours into the race)

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
For the broadcast, remind the techno challenged idiots (me) how / where to watch again?
Bryan! wrote:
Watch the 2022 VinFast IRONMAN World Championship live Thursday and Saturday with an enhanced broadcast only at https://ironmannow.com/
Choose your view with multiple camera feeds including the leader, chase group, reporter, and Transition cams.
The platform offers live chat throughout the races and an alternate French-language commentary.
Coverage starts at 4.30am HT / 10.30am ET / 4.30pm CET

Seems to work for me (no card required!!)

The Ironman site looks pretty good so far. Excited to watch today, so much for a productive day at work and home.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate it!

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The multiple camera angle choices is awesome, it should cut half the traffic in the chat asking to show more Lionel on Saturday
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to this!

LFG women.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea what the wind is looking like today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ipad set up on the corner of my work desk - not sure how productive I will be for work this afternoon.
Looking forward to a great race - come on LCB.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
ipad set up on the corner of my work desk - not sure how productive I will be for work this afternoon.
Looking forward to a great race - come on LCB.

Daniella is soooo dominant you just have to root for LCB or Annie out of principle.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Any idea what the wind is looking like today?

forecast looks relatively mild in town, but i don't know about the whole course. currently dead calm at the pier.

also, wow - if they can pull this off it's a big step up for the broadcast quality from Ironman.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rooting for the brit, and she is my daughter's (who is also a Lucy) favorite
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peacock coverage looks nice...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on the ironman site and so far looks really good, and it was easy to sign up and just log on, no credit card required!!

I believe that there will be a couple/few women swim with Lucy, or at least they could if that is their race plan. All those gals that swam 50 flat in the practice swim are capable, just has to be in their game plan. Like the men, perhaps they will think it is in all their best interest to have a small bike group out front to combat the much larger one that will be chasing them down. I think at this stage, Lucy might like the company for a change, rather than an all day TT for her. And pretty sure she might feel she could outrun that bunch, so would be in her interest to trade pace with them.

But for sure they will all know that the chasers are full of top runners, so for me it would be in their interest to try and work together and either keep their swim gap, or at least make the chasers work much harder to catch..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be cheering for Sarah True. I wasn't a big fan of how she dealt with her issues in Frankfurt three years ago, but overall really enjoy her perspective. How will having a child affect her performance?

Enjoy race day 1 everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
masterslacker wrote:
Peacock coverage looks nice...

Agreed. This and the Ironman now coverage seem excellent.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy is gone already
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well now we know what everyones race plan is, let Lucy go be off by herself and then let the big group pull her back in. Her turnover is telling me that she doesn't want anyone to work with either. Perhaps the last time Laura B swam with her and just sat on the whole time on the bike, showed her that perhaps folks would just use her to pace the bike too. that would be annoying for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Lucy is gone already

Yeah, in the first 300m she had an immediate and solid gap

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks choppy today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we know where Daniela is? Which group?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

The "on-water" commetators (Lieto and Rinny in the boat) are guessing that the current set up is Lucy out front...10m back is a group of 4... then ~10 more meters back is a group of 8 and then a was farther back is a mass of atheltes and Ryf is in that bunch with Anne Haug.

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Looks choppy today

that was my first reaction. Should favour Lucy and tire out the legs of those who are not as proficient
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely some swells. Never happened to me but had a friend one year got sea sick from the swells.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Quote:

The "on-water" commetators (Lieto and Rinny in the boat) are guessing that the current set up is Lucy out front...10m back is a group of 4... then ~10 more meters back is a group of 8 and then a was farther back is a mass of atheltes and Ryf is in that bunch with Anne Haug.

Thanks for that. I'm in a meeting so I'm watching the feed on mute, I can't hear shit. 20 more minutes in this meeting then it's KONA BABY!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just eyeballing the gap, it looks like at 12 min in Lucy already had over 30 seconds gap on the chase.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Just eyeballing the gap, it looks like at 12 min in Lucy already had over 30 seconds gap on the chase.

Yeah, and the camera - even when pulled wide - doesn't show the 3rd or 4th chase packs. Those gaps could even be bigger.

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply

Prev Next