Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what happened to Ryf? I missed the break down, but probably over biked

Checked Sodaro 's back ground, track athlete with mile @ 4:30, 10k @ 32 min. Did some ITU then moved to long course... the big kicker, she is a mom!
Last edited by: synthetic: Oct 6, 22 17:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haug approaching LCB. I’d be relieved to not get 2nd again.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

---
She seemed off from the beginning. Swim was slower than expected. She made her move, as normal, during the 2nd half of the bike but didn't arrive at T2 with her normal gap. Whatever happened to her, it probably was happening before the race started.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is closing, but not as much as Matt would have us believe, it was not a 100 yards behind, looked more like 350 yards. Lucy is really toughing it out, and it is just seconds each mile she is losing. It may come down to a real sprint finish, unless she is just on the rivet...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

Checked Sodaro 's back ground, track athlete with mile @ 4:30, 10k @ 32 min. Did some ITU then moved to long course... the big kicker, she is a mom!

I don't remember her being an ITU athlete, she may have been but definitely wasn't one that was top 10!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about one of the races Lucy got 2nd in, she got passed around here for 3rd, but then fought back to retake 2nd. That almost never happens this late in the race, you are usually going what you can and head to head racing is brutal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:

---
She seemed off from the beginning. Swim was slower than expected. She made her move, as normal, during the 2nd half of the bike but didn't arrive at T2 with her normal gap. Whatever happened to her, it probably was happening before the race started.

Maybe she got spooked after being rumbled with the dodgy speedo suit!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She is closing, but not as much as Matt would have us believe, it was not a 100 yards behind, looked more like 350 yards.
---
The tracker has Haug at 26 sec behind LCB. I'd believe 100 yards at that time gap before I'd believe 350.

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
If she pulls it off, Sodaro would be the biggest shock winner since....?

Help me out.

Wellington.

But these are exactly the athletes that make this sport so awesome

------------------
it doesnt matter what you say, someone on here will pick a fight over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Bryan! wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:
Quinny98 wrote:
timr wrote:
Agree. Complete disrespect for Chelsea.

Maybe it’s because LCB where’s Hokas lol.
Anyways. Great race. Anne into 3rd

Lucy is an ASICS sponsored athlete.

Looks like she’s in Vaporflys. May not see anybody on the podium in Hoka’s.

They’re the new Metaspeed

Yep my bad. Read Asics but immediately thought Nike. Anne looks like she’s in the Alphaflys as a sponsored Nike athlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with you Mark. Lucy has shown she is tough as nails. To go from having that injury in February to potentially being on the podium today is phenomenal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She might be 100 yards now, but not a couple miles ago when he first said it. Like I. said, it is a slow creep up, both are running well for their talents..
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quick glance world Cup not WTS, huge difference!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [littlepete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlepete wrote:
DieselPete wrote:

Help me out.

Wellington.

But these are exactly the athletes that make this sport so awesome

Good job Petes.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeiselPete FTW, Do we need to Maurten Move you a hanky? NICELY DONE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s painful to watch her slow down at each aid station, I’d never be able to reaccelerate again.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
iamuwere wrote:
There are a lot of people with opinions on commentating that I strongly suspect have never done a multi-hour broadcast in live time before. I have done sports commentating and had a job as a television news anchor for a while. You have no idea how hard it is to keep things going for a hours on hours. No, silence is never an answer in broadcasting. A producer would lose their mind if the commentators were quiet for 30 seconds. They would be replaced by the next broadcast. Silence is a killer in live television.

Silence is a killer? Really? I quite like listening to british commentators who will often go quiet for 20 seconds etc just letting the pictures tell the story. This is in running and cycling. To me, the timing of those silences seems quite professional. I guess they are professional commentators though.

Whereas these ironman commentators just don't shut up. Not sure if it is an american thing?

I can promise you that producers and coaches will not tolerate silence.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I hear correctly? Is this Sodaro's second Ironman?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
both are running well for their talents.
---
I agree with this. Despite the chance that LCB will finish lower in the standings than past performances, I think this is quite possible her best race at Kona yet. Haug is also having a brilliant race. Both of these efforts are overshadowed by the pure surprising excellence that is Sodaro.

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, 2nd behind Philipp earlier this year at Hamburg

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:

Help me out.

Rinny is full of it saying that Chelsea was her dark horse today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
She might be 100 yards now, but not a couple miles ago when he first said it. Like I. said, it is a slow creep up, both are running well for their talents..

Oooohhh. LCB hey so last mile was faster than Ann Haug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone think the announcers are forbidden from mentioning the PTO? They talk a lot about athletes’ performances at IM-branded races but nothing about the PTO. Sodoro ran her way to the podium in Edmonton, if I’m not mistaken. It seems like it would be a relevant fact to mention. She also had a disappointing Collins Cup, which makes today’s result even more remarkable. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that I haven’t heard mention of any non-IM race.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
Does anyone think the announcers are forbidden from mentioning the PTO? They talk a lot about athletes’ performances at IM-branded races but nothing about the PTO. Sodoro ran her way to the podium in Edmonton, if I’m not mistaken. It seems like it would be a relevant fact to mention. She also had a disappointing Collins Cup, which makes today’s result even more remarkable. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that I haven’t heard mention of any non-IM race.

Probably.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply

Prev Next