Quote | Reply
Agree. Complete disrespect for Chelsea.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
Agree. Complete disrespect for Chelsea.

Maybe it’s because LCB where’s Hokas lol.
Anyways. Great race. Anne into 3rd
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont know who some of you are watching, but Lucy looks great, just like she did earlier. Sodaro is just running a bit faster, and they both at ticking off steady miles. Lucy is not supposed to be running with someone that is a 31 10k runner, but she is putting herself in a space where if there is any faltering, she can then take advantage. We just dont know how Sodaro is late in the heat with this early hot pace. She is the rookie here, so more apt of have made a mistake.

Haug and Lucy know what is coming, and have probably done right up til now to finish strong..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cmonnnn surely the term maurten move x 1 million on a single pass is just a touch grating.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She posted an IG story that she wasn't well, seemed to be carrying something into the race (not nutrition it seems), so is now going to rest up and get healthy...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Imagine if LCB gets second again

After finally thoroughly beating Ryf! That's going to hurt.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only guess is Ironman knows LCB has a huge following compared to Chelsea and wants to keep views watching "their favorite". Regardless, it's bullshit.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DoronG wrote:
If that's really him, that is super classy.

Ironman Facebook page confirmed it was him. Pretty classy indeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really cool. Was in a volunteer shirt and everything.

When I've done Kona in the past, Crowie is usually at the aid at the top of Palani
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lastlap wrote:
Jackets wrote:
Why are people moaning about the sponsorships? Do people not want to see this sport grow?

You can watch this for free on Facebook and YouTube, better than paying 20 quid PPV to watch two no marks box which was about to happen in the UK the weekend!

Because our sport seems to attract a higher proportion of miserable whingers..
Yep...Slowtwitch is outdoing itself in the whiner stakes today.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This isn't a triathlon broadcast, it is an 10 hour long ad with some sports in the background. Now this might be what is needed to provide a free stream, but how can they not provide an ad free stream as PPV? Just give me an option to get rid of ads and you have my money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
lastlap wrote:
Jackets wrote:
Why are people moaning about the sponsorships? Do people not want to see this sport grow?

You can watch this for free on Facebook and YouTube, better than paying 20 quid PPV to watch two no marks box which was about to happen in the UK the weekend!

Because our sport seems to attract a higher proportion of miserable whingers..

Yep...Slowtwitch is outdoing itself in the whiner stakes today.

The whiners are the ones whining about a few posts that think one particular sponsorship mention is ridiculous. Jebus, how many of you need to cry about the same thing?

Do we need to Maurten Move you a hanky?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No kidding, all this complaining is nauseating. I'm watching the race, and I see plenty of Sodaro leading the run. And im sure if the camera was on her all the time, the whiners would be saying lets see who the chasers are!!!

I would like to see Anne and a couple behind her a bit more, the tracker is so far behind that it is useless as to what is going on in the actual race..
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
Only guess is Ironman knows LCB has a huge following compared to Chelsea and wants to keep views watching "their favorite". Regardless, it's bullshit.

Chelsea looks WAY better than anyone else running. I have wondered if some of the athletes on the race course are coached by some of the commentators....
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [slow_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slow_bob wrote:
This isn't a triathlon broadcast, it is an 10 hour long ad with some sports in the background. Now this might be what is needed to provide a free stream, but how can they not provide an ad free stream as PPV? Just give me an option to get rid of ads and you have my money.

Getting rid of the ads won't change the commentary, still lots of sponsor mentions, which seems to be the main whinging point here.

Also worth mentioning for those complaining about the commentators there is a mute button.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chelsea is opening it up on Haug. She'd have to completely blow to lose which looks very unlikely.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do we need to keep seeing the commentary team talk? Show us another athlete!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [DoronG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is - I have a friend who is volunteering there with him. She didn't know who he was! Just tall, skinny and european.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lastlap wrote:
FFS triathletes can be a miserable bunch of sooks, always complaining about anything they can think of, all while an amazing race is happening right before there eyes...

Is that being said by a complaining triathlete complaining about complaining triathletes? 🙄
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Chelsea is either going to put down the greatest performance ever or explode spectacularly

Marking this. Good post.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Toolish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then have an ads free commentary sound stream in the ad free version. It is not hard technically, and I can't think it would be a big cost to add a few more commentators. It is already done in cycling, and for way smaller races than IM WC.

Enough ranting, very impressed by Sodaro!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Toolish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its been years since I've watched a kona broadcast but I don't remember a year there wasn't this much mentioning of sponsors so I just take all the whining as a bunch of people that are brand new to the sport and want to feel important.

Then again, maybe the folks at IM remember why they lost the Ford sponsorship and have grilled it into their commentators brains to not let that happen again...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Who was the last American woman to be in the lead of Kona on the Queen K?

You are crushing this.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their guest commentators have been stellar. The Hoka guy. Rinny. The Hoff. Mark Allen. A few others. I could go for more of them.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody find it weird that she's got that big Hoka logo on her kit and she's wearing Asics?

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply

Prev Next