Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1.) I KNEW THAT WAS YOU ON THE COVERAGE!

2.) Yeah. She lost everything. I believe that was indeed directly tied to the DNF.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
General comment ....what the absolute fuck is the point of that leader board? Show me who is 1st, then 2nd.....I don't care what the order was 10 effing K's ago

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:
Rinny is soooo much better than the rest of these people. Just let her talk

I agree Rinny is quite good, but maybe if she’d been doing most of the talking for 6+ hours we’d be a bit tired of her too.

More Rinny less Lieto
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyla wrote:
Changpao wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

I agree Rinny is quite good, but maybe if she’d been doing most of the talking for 6+ hours we’d be a bit tired of her too.

More Rinny less Lieto

I agree after the "package" comments! HAHAHA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lyla wrote:
Changpao wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

More Rinny less Lieto

+ 1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lyla wrote:
Changpao wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

More Rinny less Lieto

Totally agree. I hope she becomes a regular part of the broadcast. She’s a natural.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was a nice temp all day, but i was just outside a little while ago and it seemed to me to get considerably more hot and humid than it was. all of a sudden. there are some clouds. if the sun doesn't hide behind them i think it's going to get hot this afternoon.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're starting to see some people wilt. Sodaro and Ryf both just took about every ounce of ice they could get their paws on at the last aid station.

But Sodaro's also about to make the pass. This is gonna get really interesting.

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [moneydog59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They show top 4 then show the last split to show how things have shifted. If you want to see the full leaderboard it’s available on the app. I do wish they could go 8 or so deep on the current leaderboard, but do like seeing how the gaps have closed. Def other ways to show the movement differently so something they could improve for next year.
moneydog59 wrote:
General comment ....what the absolute fuck is the point of that leader board? Show me who is 1st, then 2nd.....I don't care what the order was 10 effing K's ago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LCB definitely slowing down. Seems to be struggling.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
moneydog59 wrote:

Yep, a rolling tracker would be way better rather than just the timing mats. I think the rolling tracker has tech issues though. Last years Collins cup was meant to be like that and it was absolute rubbish!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, proper amateur stuff, I watched Superleague the weekend which managed a top 20 leaderboard with splits throughout the entire race, why is it so difficult for IM?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Toolish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who was the last American woman to be in the lead of Kona on the Queen K?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
We're starting to see some people wilt. Sodaro and Ryf both just took about every ounce of ice they could get their paws on at the last aid station. But Sodaro's also about to make the pass. This is gonna get really interesting.

michellie and i were both upstairs in that VIP terrace right above the finish line, and when we saw sodaro come in so close to ryf we gave each other a look that said, "game over." but... it's hot. right now. if it stays hot anything can happen. things aren't going to really take shape until they're out of the energy lab, at mile-19.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Northy wrote:
Anyone know why True is out? Mechanical? Illness? Crash? …? I was really hoping she’d e in the mix today. I believe she’s got the engine she just needs to put it all together.

i was volunteering this morning, and my remit was bike mount line nazi. when true mounted the bike - and i think this was during the leg over the bike, but i'm not 100 percent sure - the top of the rear box sheered off. all her chews, etc., came off with it. she rode off oblivious. i believe she was riding a shiv disc. i don't know if that had anything to do with her DNF, but she lost a bunch of nutrition at a minimum.

Man. Bummer. She has so much potential.

Thanks for the update Dan.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
LCB definitely slowing down. Seems to be struggling.

Looking at the paces on the app this race is going to be a cracker. It's already good, but anyone from the top ten or so could win. They're almost all running well.

Really good.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Toolish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toolish wrote:
ALG wrote:
vkanders wrote:
elecious wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Changpao wrote:
I don’t ever want to hear the term “Maurten move” ever again.

I kept wondering what it meant.. I assumed it was a synonym of “decisive” move, but now that I read it I understand. Disgusting.

The commentators literally can't say anything without forcing a sponsor name in

Vinfast world champs
Hoka run course
Maurten move
Hoka swim
Fulgas bike course

This is why the coverage is free

I can think of dozens of sport events where that would never happen. PTO included.

IM is just all about $.

Triathlon is a niche sport, what sports are you comparing it against? Hearing a sponsors name a few times through coverage to have a multiview coverage that goes for 9+ hours is not a bad trade off.

The PTO model to me seems unsustainable, where is the money going to keep coming from? Also covering a race doing laps around a speedway is a lot cheaper than one out of the open road like this.

I agree with the points you’re making. Specifically the unsustainable nature of the PTO model.

Then. Somehow you can even watch live dodgeball on YouTube without the mention of sponsors (talking about niche…), but it’s not an option for triathlon. Today’s coverage is really cool (minus DD and Greg’s stupid commentaries) with the multi camera thingy. The sponsor name dropping is just tiring, even more for us Europeans who are not used to everything being a business.

Back to the race - when was Kona female race that exciting!?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this message board had a "like" button, I would write, "Hit my Like if you think it's awesome that they have given the professional women their own day, separate from the pro men!"

And I think the Like button would be getting pounded, because this is great for the sport and for the women.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ALG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was that Jan Frodeno handing out drinks at that aid station then 🤣
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [elecious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elecious wrote:
Was that Jan Frodeno handing out drinks at that aid station then 🤣
I was just about to say the same thing. looked like him
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [elecious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that looked like Frodeno!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [rexnebula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even had one leg in a compression sleeve type thingy too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
rrheisler wrote:
We're starting to see some people wilt. Sodaro and Ryf both just took about every ounce of ice they could get their paws on at the last aid station. But Sodaro's also about to make the pass. This is gonna get really interesting.

michellie and i were both upstairs in that VIP terrace right above the finish line, and when we saw sodaro come in so close to ryf we gave each other a look that said, "game over." but... it's hot. right now. if it stays hot anything can happen. things aren't going to really take shape until they're out of the energy lab, at mile-19.

It is real hot. Mid 90s indices. Radar suggests rain in about an hour. If it sticks around, that could help seal things up for whoever is on the front. If it rains and then sun comes back out...look out.

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [rexnebula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's really him, that is super classy.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I counted 6 maurten moves when lcb was passed by sodaro.

I can understand the eye roll till you see ur own brain
Quote Reply

Prev Next