Prev Next
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
vkanders wrote:
elecious wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Changpao wrote:
I don’t ever want to hear the term “Maurten move” ever again.

I kept wondering what it meant.. I assumed it was a synonym of “decisive” move, but now that I read it I understand. Disgusting.

The commentators literally can't say anything without forcing a sponsor name in

Vinfast world champs
Hoka run course
Maurten move
Hoka swim
Fulgas bike course

This is why the coverage is free

I’d rather watch the occasional commercial for Maurten than hear the awful and awkward term “Maurten move” repeated ad nauseum.

But I should say I’m otherwise enjoying the coverage.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [vkanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People complaining about the sponsors are the same ones who will demand delivery for something they “bought” for free off Facebook marketplace.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [vkanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vkanders wrote:
elecious wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Changpao wrote:

I kept wondering what it meant.. I assumed it was a synonym of “decisive” move, but now that I read it I understand. Disgusting.

Vinfast world champs
Hoka run course
Maurten move
Hoka swim
Fulgas bike course

I can think of dozens of sport events where that would never happen. PTO included.

IM is just all about $.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chelsea Sodaro is flat out flying //

Yes I was watching her go around the loop with and having to push Norden out of the way. And she could possibly be the fastest runner in the field too!!! Will be interesting to see the first 3 mile split of all the contenders...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [marquette42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marquette42 wrote:
People complaining about the sponsors are the same ones who will demand delivery for something they “bought” for free off Facebook marketplace.

I’m not complaining about the sponsors. I have no issue with the roka swim course, Hoka run course, etc. or them being mentioned in general but the phrase “Maurten move” is just plain stupid to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"likely" seems like a big stretch
---
Watching her run right now, I might have to eat my words. LCB looks stronger today than on any run I've ever seen her.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chelsea is going out at 6 flat pace
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [sonadortris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sonadortris wrote:
marquette42 wrote:

I’m not complaining about the sponsors. I have no issue with the roka swim course, Hoka run course, etc. or them being mentioned in general but the phrase “Maurten move” is just plain stupid to me.

It's making me never want to use a Maurten gel!!

I'd happily pay a small amount to have anyone but Dede talking
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rinny's commentary and race awareness is top level. Instead of continuing to talk and respond to the question, she paused and said "lets look at Laura Philip going by", commented on that and then responded to the original question. Any of the other folks in the booth would have just talked over the action going on.

Also, what's up with the way FL is wearing her race belt & bib? Never seen that before, is that allowed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Chelsea Sodaro is flat out flying //

Yes I was watching her go around the loop with and having to push Norden out of the way. And she could possibly be the fastest runner in the field too!!! Will be interesting to see the first 3 mile split of all the contenders...

Considerably faster at this stage. Guess the question is what kinda pace will she settle at?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Chelsea is going out at 6 flat pace

I know she is a great runner with a background in track, but that’s too fast, isn’t it? It’s like a 2:36-237 marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [rexnebula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rexnebula wrote:
Rinny's commentary and race awareness is top level. Instead of continuing to talk and respond to the question, she paused and said "lets look at Laura Philip going by", commented on that and then responded to the original question. Any of the other folks in the booth would have just talked over the action going on.

Also, what's up with the way FL is wearing her race belt & bib? Never seen that before, is that allowed?

T.O. and Rinny are both really, really good at commentary. Been very surprised by that!

That's allowed -- you just need to have the bib on you.

...there's no way LCB can run that pace all day...right?

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rinny is soooo much better than the rest of these people. Just let her talk
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
rexnebula wrote:

T.O. and Rinny are both really, really good at commentary. Been very surprised by that!

That's allowed -- you just need to have the bib on you.

...there's no way LCB can run that pace all day...right?

Can she run a 2:5x?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chelsea is either going to put down the greatest performance ever or explode spectacularly
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In person at mile 1-ish LCB looked great and Ryf looked like she was struggling. Just past an aide station so could have been something other than form though.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Rinny is soooo much better than the rest of these people. Just let her talk

I agree Rinny is quite good, but maybe if she’d been doing most of the talking for 6+ hours we’d be a bit tired of her too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Chelsea is either going to put down the greatest performance ever or explode spectacularly

Just passed Ryf

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...there's no way LCB can run that pace all day...right?//

Well to be fair, several of them are not going to hold the pace they are running right now. Soldaro is not going to run a 2;37 marathon, and Lucy is also not going to run a 2;44..Both need to settle into the pace that they can hold after they burn off the early hot pace and adrenaline. And they have to do that soon, or those tiny matches will become big ones that cannot be recovered from..
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Sodaro keep this up would she be on for an overall course record? Male and female?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
In person at mile 1-ish LCB looked great and Ryf looked like she was struggling. Just past an aide station so could have been something other than form though.

Yeh I think Ryf is running herself off the podium even at this early stage. Most women in top 10 are running her down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My commentary dream team in Rinny and Sebi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rexnebula wrote:

I was just about to comment on Rinny, she's very good with a mic in her hand! Hope to see her on more broadcasts.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Northy wrote:
Anyone know why True is out? Mechanical? Illness? Crash? …? I was really hoping she’d e in the mix today. I believe she’s got the engine she just needs to put it all together.

i was volunteering this morning, and my remit was bike mount line nazi. when true mounted the bike - and i think this was during the leg over the bike, but i'm not 100 percent sure - the top of the rear box sheered off. all her chews, etc., came off with it. she rode off oblivious. i believe she was riding a shiv disc. i don't know if that had anything to do with her DNF, but she lost a bunch of nutrition at a minimum.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ALG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ALG wrote:
vkanders wrote:
elecious wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Changpao wrote:

Vinfast world champs
Hoka run course
Maurten move
Hoka swim
Fulgas bike course

I can think of dozens of sport events where that would never happen. PTO included.

IM is just all about $.

Triathlon is a niche sport, what sports are you comparing it against? Hearing a sponsors name a few times through coverage to have a multiview coverage that goes for 9+ hours is not a bad trade off.

The PTO model to me seems unsustainable, where is the money going to keep coming from? Also covering a race doing laps around a speedway is a lot cheaper than one out of the open road like this.
Quote Reply

Prev Next