Quote | Reply
Ryf may be on the move it appears

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would much rather see her out there racing today, but Kat Matthews is the bright spot in this coverage... her commentary and insight is pure gold. Such a delight to get her perspective.

Team Saunders on YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:

yeah, i think things are starting to happen.

fenella's off the front, ryf is starting to crank, and the packs are fracturing a bit.

hold on to your butts.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder what's going on with Heather Jackson. I didn't really expect her to be close to the front, but she's well back and appears to be losing ground.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
Birdmantris wrote:

yeah, i think things are starting to happen.

fenella's off the front, ryf is starting to crank, and the packs are fracturing a bit.

hold on to your butts.

Some newish Americans in the mix.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Something up with Lucy's cockpit, she is doing the typewriter. That is not her normal style, maybe the new bike not quite right??

Leader looks great.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone heard the commentary team mention even once that Fennella Langridge was in the lead at Roth well into the marathon? The way they are talking you’d think this was a surprise.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice the straw sticking out of the side of Fenella's BTS bottle? It makes me cringe a little.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
I wonder what's going on with Heather Jackson. I didn't really expect her to be close to the front, but she's well back and appears to be losing ground.

yeah - traditionally not a great swimmer, but i was figuring her bike would be a lot stronger today.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In just a short period of time, Ryf will be in 3rd. She's quickly made her way to 5th and closing fast.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes FL looks really great on the front, and super smart move to take the lead at the turn around, and swipe those 5 motos away from Lucy. They seem pretty good, but there is "always" some seconds that they are either on your side, or going past for just those few seconds of soft peddling.

I really like how Anne and Sodaro are riding. They are keeping themselves in a great spot to not have to wait to the end of the run to get to the front. Unless Danny can put 5 minutes from here, she is going to have to run low 2;50's. Which of course she can probably do, we usually never get to see how fast she "could" run if she was not comfortably off the front.

I remember that from Chrissie, always though of as a mid 2;50 runner, until she had to run an actual 2;50 to win the race that year she crashed bad just before. Basically ran even with Rinny on the day that the run course record was set, so you just never know with some of the win off the front gals until they truly get pushed. Think today is going to be that day,,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This seems like Haug’s race to lose at this point. 3:30 back from Lucy but only 30 seconds from Ryf. Even if she loses a couple minutes to Ryf in the last 50k of the bike Haugs got a great shot.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniella is doing the usual pattern. Turning the screws on the way back.
Last edited by: USCoregonian: Oct 6, 22 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Joss1965] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joss1965 wrote:
Anyone heard the commentary team mention even once that Fennella Langridge was in the lead at Roth well into the marathon? The way they are talking you’d think this was a surprise.

The same was with Wellington in 2007.

Langridge was 8th in St George, I think. I don't think the commentators do much research, it's cliche after cliche.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
This seems like Haug’s race to lose at this point. 3:30 back from Lucy but only 30 seconds from Ryf. Even if she loses a couple minutes to Ryf in the last 50k of the bike Haugs got a great shot.

not enough data to really know but Haug has been ~3 minutes faster than Ryf at the two previous IMWC they both competed in. Ryf is making a big move RIGHT NOW, lets see what happens.

LCB is more like 10+ minutes slower and that was before the injury.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [test] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
test wrote:
Daniela's going home disappointed.

juanillo wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
well, it's midnight in kona, mid-day here in europe, and soon we'll be kicking off the women's race.

the start list has some interesting names in it:
-which version of daniela will show up today?
-how recovered is lucy?
-how will true or sodaro come through after a long time away?
-how will astle or norden fare in their first konas (as pros, in ruth's case)?
-where are some of the 'quiet' athletes like crowley and jackson?
-how fast can haug or philipp run?

beyond that are the usual questions about the weather:
-currently temps look warm but not unusual for kona
-winds look relatively mild
-maybe a bit of rain over waimea?
-i think the tide is falling at the race start and the surf looks relatively calm (?), but i don't know what normal conditions are for kona

and then the stuff that's new this year:
-will everyone make the start line, or will we have last-minute withdrawals with illness?
-how will things play out in a women-only pro race?
-will there be adequate volunteers and aid on-course?
-how will overall times look now that kona is officially entering the superbikes/supershoes/super everything era?

I am looking forward to watching the race. I am not an expert but many predict this scenario

Lucy will come first out of the water, probably with Lauren Brandon. I would expect Chura, Oliveira, Clarke,and Fenella 1.30m behind. Then another group 4-5m behind with Daniella, Anne, Norden, Crowley and True. Laura Phillip, Skye and Sodaro will be 6-7m behind
Daniella will push the throttle after 100k and will pass Lucy. Norden will probably go with her but I expect Daniella alone in T2 with LCB and Norden 5m back. Phillip will risk and I think will get to T2 along with Skye, around 7-8m later. Haug 10 to 12m lost in T2. And then, I dont know...I said Ryf, Phillip, Haug for the podium....

She’s going home disappointed that she beat the runner up by only 8 to 10 minutes as opposed to 20+.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Daniella is doing the usual pattern. Turning the screws on the way back.

I imagine she doesn't want to leave T2 near Anne Haug who went 2:55 in 2018 and 2:51 in 2019. Though it would be interesting to see how well Ryf can run if pushed

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
In just a short period of time, Ryf will be in 3rd. She's quickly made her way to 5th and closing fast.

Ooofffff you nailed it!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She was so far back coming out of the water, and the riding standard has bumped up a notch around her.

She still might run herself into 8-10th -- no way we don't see some spectacular meltdowns given the way this has unfolded -- but the game has evolved a bit, very suddenly.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
If you're a midrange pro, there's a ton of value in leading Kona and doing so for as long as possible.

This was a prescient post. Either that or we are seeing the origin story of the next Chrissie Wellington.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is youtube comments' obsession with noel mulkey? i know he has appeared in some of joe skipper's youtubes but not sure what the big deal is? do people seriously expect the coverage to show him?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [Bryan!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan! wrote:
She’s going home disappointed that she beat the runner up by only 8 to 10 minutes as opposed to 20+.

Ha. She did destroy the field by 24 minutes in 2016, but if she wins by 4 minutes today it will be a fantastic margin. .
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Women's Race-Day Thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
what is youtube comments' obsession with noel mulkey? i know he has appeared in some of joe skipper's youtubes but not sure what the big deal is? do people seriously expect the coverage to show him?

Russian psyop /pink

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fenella is drafting lucy... she had energy to fist pump crowds on way by... with motos helping both
Last edited by: synthetic: Oct 6, 22 13:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:

Noel has a big following but could care less about his progress in the race. This is the pro women's race coverage.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply

Prev Next