Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kona Top 5 predictions
Quote | Reply
My pick for the top 5 (in no particular order)

Men: Peter Reid, Norman Stadler, Cam Brown, Raynard Tissink, Torbjorn Sindballe

Women: Natasha Badmann, Karyn Thurig, Lisa Bentley, Heather Fuhr, Michelle Jones
Last edited by: Francois: Sep 24, 05 21:48
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Top 5 predictions [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really want to see Lisa Bently win this one, she's been having such a great year/18-months...

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]My pick for the top 5 (in no particular order)

Men: Peter Reid, Norman Stadler, Cam Brown, Raynard Tissink, Torbjorn Sindballe

Women: Natasha Badmann, Karyn Thurig, Lisa Bentley, Heather Fuhr, Michelle Jones[/reply]

I don't have a clue as to who will win this one although I think it will be a great race, especially as to the men where there could be 10 contenders, depending upon whether they are "on" that day.

Off the top of my head I would add Tom Evans and Steve Larsen on the men's side and Kate Major on the women's side.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got to agree with Frank, I think Tom Evans might be up there. I think it's really cool that he waited to go to Kona until he was more "ready" (quotes because who can ever really be ready for an event like this?).

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KATE MAJOR!?!?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Top 5 predictions [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cant believe no one has mentioned kate allen, wouldnt be supprised if she smashed everyone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
macca, bitches
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Top 5 predictions [Trinibornracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]macca, bitches[/reply]

What a crummy last name:
D) "Hi, I'm Deidre, and this is my friend Sally."
J) "I'm John Bitches."
D) "Do I look like your baby's momma you SOB!?"
J) "No, no, wait... I'm Mr. Bitches!"
D) "Oh god, one of those wanna-be player types. Later!"
J) *sigh* "Back to the reunion party I guess. You know what this is? It's a celebration Bitches!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, I am going to remove TS and replace him with Faris Al Sultan...my bad...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any reason why nobody thinks Tim Deboom will be top 5? Just curious....is he injured or something?

Spot

Quote | Reply
I'll mention him:

Reid, DeBoom, Al Sultan, Stadler, Lessing.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Top 5 predictions [sevans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reid, Bell, Faris, DeBoom, Evans

Major, Fuhr, Badman, Granger, Allen
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Top 5 predictions [oneforty.6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Reid, Bell, Faris, DeBoom, Evans
I'm flattered but I won't be racing this year. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's going to be a runner race on the men's side. I pick:

DeBoom, Reid, Lessing, Macca, Cam Brown

For women I think it's more of a cycling race:

Badmann, Michelle Jones, Karyn Thurig, Kate Allen, Lisa Bentley
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Top 5 predictions [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
watch out for the belgium army! With Rutger Beke and Katleen Smet (world champion LD2005!!) two potential winners.

Reid, Stadler, DeBoom the gonna be parked like Petacchi today;

Boonen rulez :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Top 5 predictions [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I will add Faris, Tim, Beke, and Macca to my list (I am sure there will be more). Like I said, I think this is going to be a great race. 3 or 4 of this list will have a great day and it is going to be a great day.

I can almost guarantee one thing. Stadler will not ride away from everyone this year. Several are going to try to stay with him on the bike and the see what happens on the run. I look am really looking forward to it.

--------------
Frank,
Last edited by: Frank Day: Sep 25, 05 9:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think there are many of the top 10 favorites who can ride with Stadler. More like they will keep him within 15 minutes rather then ride 5 hours en masse like last year. I think if any of the IM "runners" try to go with Stadler they will explode - but someone like Faris & Sindballe might be able to ride with him and put together a solid run.

I do think the splits will be between 4:45 and 4:55 for most of the favorites with DeBoom, Reid, Lessing, Cam Brown, Cam Widoff, Tissink, Tom Evans & Olaf - which is 10 to 15 faster then last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olaf is busy with coaching, camp etc...so...probably not with tissink et al....
he's been training very little this week...probably less than most on this forum.

as for Stadler, I think you're right...everyone said no one would let him ride away in Frankfurt...and no one did, he just went...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay. I'll get in on this one...

DUDES, (not necessarily in this order):

Stadler, Reid, DeBoom, AlSultan, Evans

*note: the chip on Macca's shoulder isn't very aero, and his MASSIVE EGO adds at least an extra 50g of weight!!!

CHICKS, (not in order):

Badmann, Bently (she skipped IMCanada for this!), Major, Fuhr, and mebbe not - but I'd love it - Zeiger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I don't think there are many of the top 10 favorites who can ride with Stadler. More like they will keep him within 15 minutes rather then ride 5 hours en masse like last year. I think if any of the IM "runners" try to go with Stadler they will explode - but someone like Faris & Sindballe might be able to ride with him and put together a solid run.

I do think the splits will be between 4:45 and 4:55 for most of the favorites with DeBoom, Reid, Lessing, Cam Brown, Cam Widoff, Tissink, Tom Evans & Olaf - which is 10 to 15 faster then last year.[/reply]

I know at least one of those you mentioned has told me he intends to ride with Stadler and see what happens. I and he thinks he can do it. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two others try it also. The others will take the tried and true approach unless someone wins again this year with this approach. Then, next year everyone (at least of the contenders) will change. So we will see. If Faris and Sindballe also do it then there are 4 up front and only one of them has to have a good day running to be on top at the end.

Should be a good race.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Olaf is busy with coaching, camp etc...so...probably not with tissink et al....
he's been training very little this week...probably less than most on this forum.

as for Stadler, I think you're right...everyone said no one would let him ride away in Frankfurt...and no one did, he just went...[/reply]

Yeh, but Olaf never trains high mileage. I suspect he will be ready to do his best if he shows up.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL...you should really see what he does right now (he is home btw...so I know what he does)...he's busy helping people...
sure he will do his best, but that will not be enough to go head to head with the best (and he knows it).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you going to be able to make it out there to watch?

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Top 5 predictions [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
humm..... how s that Evans guy??????? is he any good???? did he got a spot with the lottery????

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see Reid/Badmann but if so, it would likely be a last hurray for both of them.

The only thing that is guaranteed - LVL's record time will not be threatenned. In fact 2005 will probably continue the 21st century race times of not breaking into the top ten overall best times.
Quote Reply

Prev Next