Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona Slowtwitch Party
Quote | Reply
Thank you Slowtwitch for having a spectacular party again in Kona this year.

I would also like to thank Zipp Wheels for their prize donation of the 404/808 Firecrest tubeless ready clinchers.
I happened to win them and had to fend off the other 5 Kona triathletes staying at the house. I never thought I would have to check luggage as everyone left especially the husband's -- all kidding aside, these will be replacing my old Zipp wheels.

Thanks again and Thanks Zipp for a great product and supporting Slowtwitch.

Last edited by: sputnik: Oct 25, 19 16:18
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Slowtwitch Party [sputnik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats...I was the idiot who won a DeBoer wetsuit (and I really needed a new wetsuit), but I was feeling like crap that day after a crazy hard ride up 5000 ft to the Kaloko climb immediately followed by a business meeting 20 minutes later....so was bonking at my meeting and was toast by the ST party...(yes the idiot that bonks at a party for endurance athletes)....so I left and I win the wetsuit draw and I lose by not being there. I never win ANYTHING!

Enjoy the wheels!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice wheels. The view is better though!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Slowtwitch Party [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
Nice wheels. The view is better though!

I believe it is cheaper to buy the view than the wheels. My airfare to Kona from East coast was $1063 CAD, so around USD 800. Wheels are a lot more than that. You get to keep the view for a lifetime. The wheels will be obsolete in 2.5 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who won the dogs?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Slowtwitch Party [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They came with the house. Life is tough.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Slowtwitch Party [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wheels are by far cheaper and the view will be around awhile. The wheels will need to last forever also to afford this view.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lesson learned, never leave a party early and never arrive late you never know what you miss out on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We were waiting for the raffle and waiting... and waiting... being grilled by the sun. We had in the end no patience anymore and left so no chance on the wheels.
Anyway it was a great party, thanks Slowtwitch for organizing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So happy for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on winning the wheels.

Thank you to all those in the brands in the business who donated prizes - this is the best give-away of stuff in the whole of Race Week in Kona

Massive thanks to Karen Sing aka ST Concierge for the huge amount of work that she does every year to put this together.

Thank you to my Co-Emcee the amazing Sean English for holding down the fort while, I left (with Dan Empfield) to go Emcee the Canyon Pro Panel and Press Conference.

Thank you to all the amazing ST Folk who came out to this annual gathering of the tribe!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sputnik wrote:
Lesson learned, never leave a party early and never arrive late you never know what you miss out on.

Haha....in terms of arriving late, it is ALWAYS OK to arrive late because you were training, but never acceptable to leave early unless it is going directly to a workout (then you're off the hook). In my case it was really neither so I lose!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Slowtwitch Party [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The raffle is traditionally at 5:30 pm. We are sorry about the sun, we haven't figured out how to arrange shade and still keep that gorgeous view.
I noticed the keg at the front of the house w the Vision folks was pretty popular...

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Congrats...I was the idiot who won a DeBoer wetsuit (and I really needed a new wetsuit), but I was feeling like crap that day after a crazy hard ride up 5000 ft to the Kaloko climb immediately followed by a business meeting 20 minutes later....so was bonking at my meeting and was toast by the ST party...(yes the idiot that bonks at a party for endurance athletes)....so I left and I win the wetsuit draw and I lose by not being there. I never win ANYTHING!

Enjoy the wheels!!!!
Dev, we had plenty of food, GU, and Normatec boots to use. I would've set you up in a corner. PS... your name was picked, I think, to choose between Normatec and the DeBoer wetsuit... next person got prize that was left.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Slowtwitch Party [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Herbert, we missed you.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Slowtwitch Party [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STConcierge wrote:
The raffle is traditionally at 5:30 pm. We are sorry about the sun, we haven't figured out how to arrange shade and still keep that gorgeous view.
I noticed the keg at the front of the house w the Vision folks was pretty popular...

No don't apologize: we had a great time: the location is magnificent.

Now that I know of the 5:30 tradition I can maybe use that as justification towards my wife to try to qualify once more?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Slowtwitch Party [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will there be a 2021 Slowtwitch Kona Party?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Slowtwitch Party [GBrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GBrown wrote:
Will there be a 2021 Slowtwitch Kona Party?
Probably not a big shebang like in the past, but we are considering, w Fxck Cancer Team and GU, a very small memorial gathering for our late friend and colleague, Sean English, who was our DJ for a couple of years while he was fighting cancer. He was with us, rocking out, in October 2019, and passed a month later. Since it's for him, it probably won't be branded as a ST event.
At this moment, no firm arrangements have been made.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply