Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona Athletes (or travelers to Hawaii) - Hawaiian Airlines no longer accepts soft bike cases for check in
Quote | Reply
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/...l/a_id/60/~/bicycles

Just an FYI. This was just introduced, possibly as of 8/1. I have personally seen soft cases checked in through Hawaiian as recently as the beginning of July when coming back from Maui.

One of my friends sent a direct inquiry asking why some of the more advanced soft cases that cost $600 up and offer far more protection than a cardboard box are no longer allowed. They just got a canned response back that it now needs to be a hard case or cardboard box made specifically to transport bicycles.

It's not to say that the policy won't be revised, but as of now, no soft cases allowed. Anything made of canvas or nylon is considered a soft case.

ETA: Just for clarity..."Hawaiian Airlines" is an actual airline company. The title may be confusing in that you may think all airlines in Hawaii. It's just this one airline that has recently put this policy in place.

Last edited by: Jason N: Aug 2, 18 15:43
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Athletes (or travelers to Hawaii) - Hawaiian Airlines no longer accepts soft bike cases for check in [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that stinks for all us Scicon owners. Guess I wont be flying Hawaiian...

DM

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Athletes (or travelers to Hawaii) - Hawaiian Airlines no longer accepts soft bike cases for check in [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m one of those lucky Scion owners, and booked a trip that includes Hawaiian as the final leg. Any idea if this new policy applies only to bikes checked in through hawaiian, or does this mean that a bike in a soft case that is checked in through another airline, and transferred to Hawaiian in Honolulu, would be accepted?

Kinda wishful thinking in my question.
Last edited by: davetallo: Aug 2, 18 18:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Already a thread on this.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Athletes (or travelers to Hawaii) - Hawaiian Airlines no longer accepts soft bike cases for check in [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What if your soft case was wrapped in cardboard?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Athletes (or travelers to Hawaii) - Hawaiian Airlines no longer accepts soft bike cases for check in [ah6030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ah6030 wrote:
What if your soft case was wrapped in cardboard?

You would have to get a sharpie and write "made for transporting bicycles" on the cardboard though.
Quote Reply