Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kona 2019 Race Day Thread
Quote | Reply
The stream is already up on Facebook - Ironman Now. Athlete interviews going on as they check in - so far it looks like they've got lots of media staff on hand to help with the coverage. Here's hoping we have a great great day!

PS... Can we make this thread a sticky at the top?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else's feed grainy?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mine has been pretty stable so far.

“The answer is hard work. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? Are you riding your bike? January 1st – are you riding your bike?”- Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about posting up links to feeds where we dont have to put in all our credit card information, I just went through two of those, annoying. As I recall there are feeds that let you just log on and watch on facebook?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
Anyone else's feed grainy?
It defaults to the lowest setting. If you click on the settings icon at low right you can self select. Mine is great at 480p.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super excited. LET'S GO!!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [Mike.A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike.A wrote:
Super excited. LET'S GO!!
Me too! Don't think I've ever started watching the feed this early, lol. It's a rainy day here in Ontario, Canada, so this is perfect.
Fun getting the athlete interviews and seeing the pros come through. Beals looked nervous, though he stated he was calm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does anyone have the German coverage link?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m using the Facebook Watch app on a fire stick. Ironman was the second choice to pop up. Quick and easy. So far just some minor buffering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is really great, 1080p HD quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
excited, too!
split screen watching the bwb interviews (on wurf now) and kona coverage...jan just got bodymarked...
wurf is a hoot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently Daniella had redbull for breakfast...yeah right.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.facebook.com/...eos/616344572103944/

Thanks, that one is working perfectly. And shit, now my day has just started earlier than I had planned..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in Ontario too JBell! Was kinda hoping to get in a ride this morning but too rainy so did a 3800m continuous swim as a tribute to race day, haha. Agree, nice to watch this pre-race coverage, we never used to get to this so enjoying it and all of us who have raced can relate to what the athletes are feeling inside right now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to be a great day! Wife picked up a 12 hr shift, kid is spending the day with grandparents, and it's my job to prep for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Going to have the feed going all day while I cook.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fierceSun wrote:
I’m using the Facebook Watch app on a fire stick. Ironman was the second choice to pop up. Quick and easy. So far just some minor buffering.

That's for heads up. Got it on the big screen. This is the best setup. I'm not going anywhere until the wife drags me to the dinner table later tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i really wish they would find a better way to start the pro swim than lining up the paddle boards. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest, I'm good now. lol
Last edited by: Mike.A: Oct 12, 19 9:23
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
fierceSun wrote:

That's for heads up. Got it on the big screen. This is the best setup. I'm not going anywhere until the wife drags me to the dinner table later tonight.

They shifted from body marking video to part 1. The app was a bit confusing but if you search for Ironman now channel the part 1 video is up and the future videos are qued up under “season 4”.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fridge is stocked with IPA and porter, take away is on order, chips in the cupboard and ice cream in the fridge. This is gonna fuck my race weight, very glad they hold this thing in October.

In my head is Dexy's Midnight Runners "c'mon Ali".

Let's keep all keep each other updated with race news, because Greg won't..

;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [Mike.A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike.A wrote:
i really wish they would find a better way to start the pro swim than lining up the kayak's. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest, I'm good now. lol

Yeah, I've seen more eloquent solutions, for sure. Almost go time!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shit Lucy sets off like an actual torpedo!
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never seen Ali stroking at such a low rate, must be pretty easy pace for him tucked in behind Josh
Quote Reply
Re: Kona 2019 Race Day Thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Holy shit Lucy sets off like an actual torpedo!

Yeah, she's rediculous. Looks like pretty choppy waters for Kona, which is going to really make the uber swimmers happy. Brownlee already in perfect position to assess, as he sits on Josh A.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn, starky is out...i would have loved to see him race.
Quote Reply

Prev Next