Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Knee rehab question
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with rehabbing a total knee replacement? I'm up to riding about 200 miles a week, but I'm having a real problem with swelling. Any thoughts would help.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Knee rehab question [Ti knee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... I'm hope I understand your question... I going to assume you had (and not recently I hope) a total knee replacement and are currently riding 200 mi. per week.

I don't want to sound like a smart arse, but the only way your going to reduce swelling is to stop riding 200 mi. a week. In fact, you probably will need to stop riding all together until the swelling is down... then visit a PT or MD. Although something tells me (again, I'm assuming and I could be wrong) that you have seen a MD and/or PT and they probably said the same thing I mentioned, "Stop biking." Fortunately, I don't think they mean forever. Just that you should take the recovery issue in small steps. Patients is key any physical recovery.

FWIW Joe Moya

BTW, your not going to any level of fitness that can not be recovered (and, then some) over time. Don't think of time as your enemy... but, rather as your tool for improving your technique, strength and knowledge.
Quote Reply
Re: Knee rehab question [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally and completely agree with Joe...

Inflammation is definately your bodies way of telling you that you are overusing youe joint... With such a major surgery the key is to tread lightly... you want to keep that joint for as long as possible before you need to replace it again...
Quote Reply