Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Knee pain post ironman- Need helpful Tips
Quote | Reply
I just recently did IM Santa Rosa on May 11th, so about 5 weeks ago. I have historically had some right knee discomfort but didn't have any going into the event. I am self diagnosing as the knee cap tracking off a bit. I have been doing a lot of stretching, deep tissue massage and icing (no antinflammatories or heat therapy). I have stopped running but have not stopped swimming and riding.

My knees, (both) started to hurt about 5 miles in on the run during IM, one not worse than the other from what felt like VERY tight quads. 3 days after IM all felt fine, went for a road bike ride and my right knee was sore left knee was fine.

I can strength train without any pain, leg press, medicine ball squats, leg extensions, hamstring curls etc, no pain going up and down stairs. I just notice it gets fatigued and sore around the outside of the knee cap near in teardrop of the quadricep when riding and does not feel good running. It is not getting worse but I would have thought I would have beat this nagging injury by now.

Any and all advice is very welcomed. I have the Santa Rosa 70.3 in about 5 weeks and not looking to walk the run!
Quote Reply