Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Knee Rehab
Quote | Reply
I landed on my knee pretty hard last Thursday. It was incredibly swollen and I could not bend my knee for a couple days. Since then, my flexibility has nearly all come back. The area of the knee and around is still a bit swollen, and it’s very tight, especially if I try to bend my knee back all the way. The last couple days I’ve been able to spin and run/walk.

I have been icing 2-3x a day since injury and putting a wrap around it every other day. I have been doing leg press and single leg squats with no weight to help with working on the flexibility and restrengthening after the trauma. What other exercises or actions could I be taking to speed up the process? I have a race this weekend that I was hoping to line up for.
Quote Reply
Re: Knee Rehab [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Besides the obvious, and making sure you have had someone take a look at your knee. I would stop icing it and start actually with some heat therapy. If you are attached to icing, then alternate, but at this stage of the healing process ice is actually slowing the healing. Good luck.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply