Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kiwami Spider LD2 Aero suit. Version 1 vs V2
Quote | Reply
Debating about upgrading my Kiwami suit to the newer version but curious if there are any tangible improvements over the previous version.
Has anyone tried both and can compare? Most curious about when version 2 is actually cooler and more breathable.
Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Spider LD2 Aero suit. Version 1 vs V2 [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tested v1 against v2 when I was in the wind tunnel recently. Here are my #'s at 0 & -10yaw:

v1: .237 .213
v2: .231 .206

i also tested against the Roka Gen II Elite suit and those #s were:
.229 .206

Since we see yaw much more often than true 0 for me these suits are the same. I as very consistent in the data points across all runs with the highest spread on any tests being just under 20 grams of drag at the zero yaw from data point to data point with the Roka suit.
All the data points with both Kiwami suits were < 10 grams of drag different.

I've tested 1 other athlete in v1 & v2.

At 0 yaw v1 was 1w faster and at -7.5 v1 was 2w faster.

Anytime I see a 1w difference I call it ~ = to each whatever we're comparing it to. With a 2w difference I'll look to see how close the grams of drag were in each data point. The smaller the delta the more reliable that number.

Hope that helps

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Kiwami Spider LD2 Aero suit. Version 1 vs V2 [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the stats! Have you tried racing in it yet? If so, how did you find the breathability or cooling between the versions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have not raced in v2 yet just rode 6 min in it in the tunnel.
The upper seems more stretchy and the fabric lighter. Andre and I were exchanging emails regarding logo placement so I don't have my v2 suit yet. Not racing for about 6 weeks so that's not been the priority.

I'll say this with any textiles: Fit is the #1 thing that will make or break a sleeved suit.

Too loose and it's going to be flapping or wrinkle. To tight and the texturing may get smoothed out too much to do its job. When in doubt between sizes order both and return the one that fis the worst.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the shoulder fabric is much more comfortable to me on V2. LOVE the new back pocket that is open through both sides ala Wattie/ Castelli tri tops. Bottoms seam the same, pockets same below the waist. The top doesn't open or catch air as much as V1 did for me (both in Medium)
Last edited by: anthonypat: Jun 12, 19 11:38
Quote Reply