Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kienle Kona Video
Quote | Reply
I criticised the Sanders video from TalbotCox, well it's only fair to say thumbs up in this case. Kienle seems like such a good guy, humble too. I hope he wins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hr1GeWZWjg

Sanders - he used to be great as a fresh and humble person. What happened to that?
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle Kona Video [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
I criticised the Sanders video from TalbotCox, well it's only fair to say thumbs up in this case. Kienle seems like such a good guy, humble too. I hope he wins.

Sanders - he used to be great as a fresh and humble person. What happened to that?

It's called recency bias. You just watched the Kienle video, so know you're more biased for him because he's the most recent, or "fresh" as you put it, in your mind. Don't get so swayed so easily; If you have veggies for lunch, you may want steamed broccoli to be the 2018 world champ.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle Kona Video [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
bluefever wrote:

It's called recency bias. You just watched the Kienle video, so know you're more biased for him because he's the most recent, or "fresh" as you put it, in your mind. Don't get so swayed so easily; If you have veggies for lunch, you may want steamed broccoli to be the 2018 world champ.

Yeah Bluefever - dont you dare criticise LS.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle Kona Video [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really liked this video. Seb is a really humble and respectul guy. For sure he is not as showy as LS but I prefer this sort of interviews with some sense of humour and not the "homemade" videos showing what someone eats, drinks, sleeps or pees... (what all my respect)
For me, this man is THE dark horse and I am 50%-50% with him or Gomez for the win

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Last edited by: juanillo: Oct 5, 18 7:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get the same negativity that you do from the Sanders videos, but agree that this guy Kienle is out of the mold of the historical classy competitors. I like his game, his outlook, and his enthusiasm for the sport. Lets hope that a bit of altitude training, spending more time on the island, and seemingly injury free enables him to up his game this year. He will of course be in the lead mix at some point, just don't see how he will outrun all of the contenders that are going to be around him. I believe he will be somewhere around where he was last year, perhaps even 3rd if all goes well.

I wonder if he does his entire taper on his road bike? That doesnt seem like a good thing, unless he just feels he needs to rest those different muscles. I hope that was just for the video and a one off type of thing. And I love that his wife his making Pizza Hawaiian, when I was in Germany I said everything backwards there too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think probably one of the more likable German athletes ever. Nice to see one with a sense of humor and a little humble. He's candid and very enjoyable IMO. Class act!

Liked the video, but hate the too long canned music and drone shots that didn't show anything pertinent. Yes, we know you spent money on a drone; don't overuse it. That said, nice efforts....hope he's making some $$.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
https://youtu.be/4Hr1GeWZWjg

"There's a fine line between fit and fucked"

He's great
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle Kona Video [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
I think probably one of the more likable German athletes ever. Nice to see one with a sense of humor and a little humble. He's candid and very enjoyable IMO. Class act!

Liked the video, but hate the too long canned music and drone shots that didn't show anything pertinent. Yes, we know you spent money on a drone; don't overuse it. That said, nice efforts....hope he's making some $$.

Drone shots over people as well. Hopefully Talbot has his Part 107 license...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:

He has become populair. And people like to think that they are special and don't want to follow the mainstream too much. It's much "cooler" to go against the tide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think his videos are great. Love the corny EMJ shots at the end. Very cool he some sponsor help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:

Totally disagree, LOVE the drone shots, shows the beauty and mystique of the island, makes me want to be there, and like Talbot said, he is trying to make all the viewers at home feel like they are on the island. Keep up the great work Talbot!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle Kona Video [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you watch the awards banquet when he won? I happened to be there and as they called up the top 10 males each one was so boring, shaking hands, barely making eye contact with other pros, etc. Sebbie comes up and doesn't shake hands but gives a full on bro shake with hug, was big smiles, total charisma.

monty wrote:
I don't get the same negativity that you do from the Sanders videos, but agree that this guy Kienle is out of the mold of the historical classy competitors. I like his game, his outlook, and his enthusiasm for the sport. Lets hope that a bit of altitude training, spending more time on the island, and seemingly injury free enables him to up his game this year. He will of course be in the lead mix at some point, just don't see how he will outrun all of the contenders that are going to be around him. I believe he will be somewhere around where he was last year, perhaps even 3rd if all goes well.

I wonder if he does his entire taper on his road bike? That doesnt seem like a good thing, unless he just feels he needs to rest those different muscles. I hope that was just for the video and a one off type of thing. And I love that his wife his making Pizza Hawaiian, when I was in Germany I said everything backwards there too...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle Kona Video [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CementBottle wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

Totally disagree, LOVE the drone shots, shows the beauty and mystique of the island, makes me want to be there, and like Talbot said, he is trying to make all the viewers at home feel like they are on the island. Keep up the great work Talbot!!!

Well then we can disagree. There is NO relevance to what is being said and the "visitHawaii" dark sky drone shots. While you may love the shots, the point about how they add to the video is the key. Would have rather at least had some cutaways to the pool, or him riding a tri bike....
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle Kona Video [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you watch the awards banquet when he won? I happened to be there and as they called up the top 10 males each one was so boring, shaking hands, barely making eye contact with other pros, etc. Sebbie comes up and doesn't shake hands but gives a full on bro shake with hug, was big smiles, total charisma. //

Come on man, you gonna use the race when he won to show all the other guys are chopped liver, and the happiest day of his sporting life, his exuberance makes him above them all?? Take a look at what you said and turn it around, 10th or 9th or whatever place gets all excited, hugs everyone, and is out of their mind with happiness. We would be saying what a douche, trying to steal all the energy from the actual winner. I think a polite deference from all the guys that did not win, is the correct demeanor, and the winner going overboard with emotion is standard and expected...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nope. I already normalized for that. I'm also comparing to other winners. He's definitely an outlier for charm.

monty wrote:
did you watch the awards banquet when he won? I happened to be there and as they called up the top 10 males each one was so boring, shaking hands, barely making eye contact with other pros, etc. Sebbie comes up and doesn't shake hands but gives a full on bro shake with hug, was big smiles, total charisma. //

Come on man, you gonna use the race when he won to show all the other guys are chopped liver, and the happiest day of his sporting life, his exuberance makes him above them all?? Take a look at what you said and turn it around, 10th or 9th or whatever place gets all excited, hugs everyone, and is out of their mind with happiness. We would be saying what a douche, trying to steal all the energy from the actual winner. I think a polite deference from all the guys that did not win, is the correct demeanor, and the winner going overboard with emotion is standard and expected...

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You won't win this one, Gary.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Kienle Kona Video [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, I know Steve. My creds are not good..... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monty ... Sebi will do easy rides on the road bike and more specific rides on the TT ... not any guys bring two bikes to Kona but my guess is Scott helps with that

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope Kienle can pull it off again! He definitely seems to be overlooked because of Lange, Sanders, and Gomez... I like so many athletes for how down to earth they seem (Gomez, Lange, Cam, Kienle), but Kienle seems to be the one I am probably leaning for the most.
Quote Reply