Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kienle - 1:11 at Samorin, a tough run on trails / grass / road
Quote | Reply
I know LS isn't racing, so probably it's not important, but I thought the performance from Kienle was great today - and he's no longer an 'ueber biker' imho, even last year was already posting top run times.

1:11 on a tough run course. After a mad bike.

As of writing, there's no article at all on the front page.

When Sanders raced last year the coverage was instant.

This bias on sites like this does the sport a disservice, I feel sorry for a lot of the pros.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle - 1:11 at Samorin, a tough run on trails / grass / road [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are already 3 articles of different pro races. It was a busy weekend. Give them some time.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle - 1:11 at Samorin, a tough run on trails / grass / road [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phfftt this is the internet. Mob rule will start shortly.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle - 1:11 at Samorin, a tough run on trails / grass / road [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This bias on sites like this does the sport a disservice, I feel sorry for a lot of the pros. //

And what exactly would that bias be? Maybe you should write the article and submit it the very second the race is over, or you could wait for Timothy to get around to it, since it is a very busy weekend. You are actually doing Keinle a disservice by your lack of patience.

So to his run, it was a very great run for him against some pretty good guys. This really shows he is becoming a more complete triathlete, just wish he could swim just a tiny bit faster. When the big boys are all lined up, that is what is going to hurt him the most, making his bike chase all the harder...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluefever wrote:
This bias on sites like this does the sport a disservice, I feel sorry for a lot of the pros.

Why do you feel sorry. As pros we really aren't worth anything and are being made less relevant by the day. The writing has been on the wall and continues to be on wall. By and large Sebi has it it pretty good. Frankly the guys I feel bad for are guys like Bohach. "Who???"...exactly, a guy who had a bigger engine than Potts, Hoffman, and TO and simply didn't even know how talented he could have been. I do believe that a guy like Bohach in Germany could have maybe made a living and become a World Champion.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Djeez, you are an impatient dude.........

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy. Lots of races this weekend.

Tough run course is a stretch. I watched the coverage for a bit, none of those surfaces seemed to really caused them to slow down or alter your gait noticeably. Looked 100% flat too. I love sebi as much as the next guy, and was very happy to see him win and was a great run performance to work his way thru the field, but not a tough run course. Those bike splits, whoa...Andi dreitz with 1:56:xx and another how many guys under 2? Even if flat, man that's some serious speed
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle - 1:11 at Samorin, a tough run on trails / grass / road [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dreitz actually had a 1:54:xx bike time. There were a couple of 1:56:xx like Kienle. The run course wasn’t exactly tough, but it had a lot of twists and turns and had very little shade on a hot day. So 1:11:29 is certainly a great performance. Just consider that he outran the second best pro on the day by over two minutes. That is substantial on a half marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is the guy in the Freshii outfit in the podium picture? Who else is sponsored by the other than Lionel?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle - 1:11 at Samorin, a tough run on trails / grass / road [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah slightly ironically in relation to this thread, they used last year's podium picture I think. Oops.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle - 1:11 at Samorin, a tough run on trails / grass / road [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could see from the post race interview the win meant a lot to him. Whenever I have seen him interviewed in the past, he has always been really laidback, but he was pretty intense in that interview!

instagram.com/42pointtwo
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle - 1:11 at Samorin, a tough run on trails / grass / road [Sebi76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sebi76 wrote:
Dreitz actually had a 1:54:xx bike time. There were a couple of 1:56:xx like Kienle. The run course wasn’t exactly tough, but it had a lot of twists and turns and had very little shade on a hot day. So 1:11:29 is certainly a great performance. Just consider that he outran the second best pro on the day by over two minutes. That is substantial on a half marathon.

One thing I consistently noted was that Sebi ran in the shade whenever possible, while alot of the other pros ran out in the sun, not sure if it meant anything, but it was very clear to see!
Also the post race interview, wow so many feelings, no holding back emotions! I really think he is on a redemption year, from bike mechanic in Kona to not the greatest races as of late, I think he wanted to prove to himself he still got it!
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle - 1:11 at Samorin, a tough run on trails / grass / road [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42point2 wrote:
You could see from the post race interview the win meant a lot to him. Whenever I have seen him interviewed in the past, he has always been really laidback, but he was pretty intense in that interview!

Saw that interview. Nice to see how much he cares. Also, still took the time after he won to greet the other athletes.
Quote Reply