Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the drag2 zero storage is commercially available????? Would love that addition to my plasma 5.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage [floatcoastwalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know but I've seen enough pros have that setup now (Kienle, McKenzie, Johnlee, Swallow, and at least two others) that I'd imagine it wouldn't be too big of a deal for them to make one on request. It's probably pricey though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I emailed D2Z last year asking about it and they said it is commercially available but you have to special order it through them. I didn't because it was like 220 euros plus shipping or something crazy like that. If you want it, just email D2Z.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage [Conky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
below info :

PLASMA STORAGE BOX

We know that triathletes and cyclists need to carry a lot of kit and there is nothing worse than having a beautiful bike which has an ugly storage bag attached to it. To complement the Plasma 5 frame we have designed a Plasma specific storage box. Used by Sebastian Kienle and Luke McKenzie during the 2016 season, including at Kona, the box sits on top of the bottom bracket and is attached to the frame using the water bottle holes. It is designed to fit perfectly with the Elite Crono CX water bottle, but can also be used with other bottes. The placement and shape of the storage box assists with air flow around the frame, improving aerodynamics over no bottle or other non-bespoke storage solutions. The box is large enough to hold an inner tube and small Co2 canister.
Specification
Material: SLA (3D printed material)
Weight: 68g
Dimensions: 13cm x 10.5cm x 4cm
Price
£150 inc shipping to the UK, email us for overseas shipping costs info@drag2zero.com Follow us
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems they just launched a new website and its now available in the shop:

https://drag2zero.co.uk/...-plasma-storage-box/
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. I love Kienle's rig... Hard pressed to find a better selection of bike/components/aero setup than his! And imo, it's an awesome looking bike! Win win.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered a Plasma RC and already had the storage box delivered. Interested to see how much rattle there is once it's installed, as the storage only attaches via one bolt on the bottle cage mount and just sort of rests on the top of the BB.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage [jptrishard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if drag2zero or another company makes a storage box for the Plasma 20?

I believe the geometry is a little different, not quite as wide where it fits on the bike.

I have emailed them, but never got a response
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jptrishard wrote:
Just ordered a Plasma RC and already had the storage box delivered. Interested to see how much rattle there is once it's installed, as the storage only attaches via one bolt on the bottle cage mount and just sort of rests on the top of the BB.

3M super strong automotive tape and can be used to secure this item on the bottom bracket/down tube area.
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh thanks for the heads up on the tape! And I don't think anyone makes a box for the plasma 20 unfortunately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the bike finally arrived and is built. The box looks sweet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any product out there like this that would fit a cervelo p3?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that an XL plasma? Did the “large” storage box fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet

jptrishard wrote:
So the bike finally arrived and is built. The box looks sweet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if this storage box/bottle combo would fit the Scott Plasma 3?

Looks like it might, but that's just my eyeball assessment from looking at photos online.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm currently in the process of making a storage box for above the BB for my P2. Which will fit also P2/3/5 Only thing is, mine is a 61 and unsure if it would fit a 58. I know it wouldn't fit any smaller frame

I created a mold that i'll use with a vacuum forming table and a sheet of ABS plastic to form the storage box

Last edited by: Tall_Coffee: Nov 28, 18 19:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking ride.
I was hoping to see a company do something similar for the Felt IA but no luck. I see Rinny has one on her bike but I'm sure it's custom and a one of a kind.
Anyone have any luck with 3D printing for items like this?
Quote Reply
Re: Kienle's Scott Plasma 5 drag2zero storage [ssummers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm attempting to make one for my Cervelo P3 (aluminum). Currently trying to make a mold, I already have the carbon fiber kit. I'll post picks if it works.
Quote Reply