Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kickr snap vs saris H1
Quote | Reply
Thinking of getting a decent smart trainer. Willing to spend when my stimulus gets here. Kickr snap or Saris H1? Or break the bank? Noise is important as I live in an apartment. Current trainer Nashbar fluid so I’m sure anything is more quiet than that haha.

I do want the ability to swift and use the resistance modes.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr snap vs saris H1 [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can still find the Hammer H1 at a good price, it's worth the minimal premium above the Snap. I had the Snap, bought the H1 when it was super discounted and am very pleased with the choice. It's not as quiet as the newest generations, but it's still pretty quiet (haven't tried to run them back-to-back but it's probably similar worst case and likely better).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i just bought a H1 for $500 and i am quite happy with it but i live in a home with a dedicated room. The noise i would say is more higher pitch which probably does not move through walls as much as a low hum would. I am super happy with it and have had zero issues using it with Zwift. All this with knowing that the unit has a lifetime warranty from a company that stands behind their products.

Never tried the Wahoo products but I saw too many mixed reviews to make that jump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a SNAP since 2016, and have no complaints. I've bought a separate wheel/cassette setup with a trainer-specific tire that I swap out when I go ride outside. It's pretty quiet overall, but then I use it in the garage on a concrete slab floor (covered in outdoor carpet).

When I upgrade or this one dies (knock on wood), I'll be going to a direct-drive trainer, probably the Elite Suito.

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can still het the H1 for something close to $500 (I did in February), then going that route is a no brainer. The H1 differs from the H3 in paint and loudness only. Same internals and same software. The Snap is Wahoo's third tier trainer, behind the Core and Kickr. The H1 is a top of the line direct drive unit. No comparison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Snap, it's a couple of years old. Been solid so far, although it is getting a bit noisier lately, so maybe the bearings are starting to go. I got mine for $400 when an LBS went out of business. I control it using an external power meter, so I don't know if the power reading is any good. I would not trust anything on tire though.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H1 for sure. I've never seen a snap that wasn't 30+ watts off when compared to multiple powermeters (n=2), my h1 is accurate, plenty quiet, and I love it
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr snap vs saris H1 [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
H1 for sure. I've never seen a snap that wasn't 30+ watts off when compared to multiple powermeters (n=2), my h1 is accurate, plenty quiet, and I love it

Lining everything up - Firmware, tyre pressure, resistance unit tension, warm up, spindown, etc.... The SNAP can be within a few watts.

Jump to 3:43

Direct drive is always the pick though.

Both the SNAP and H1 do suffer from heat related issues. Active cooling on them helps.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Last edited by: gplama: Apr 2, 20 16:18
Quote Reply