Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kickr help
Quote | Reply
I have an original kickr smart trainer. It has worked well for the last few years. I noticed the wahoo fitness app is updated on my phone. Went to do a session today and the power is way off. Tried to do a spin down after riding for about 10 minutes. The sensor is connected for the trainer, but will not give me any speed reading to do the spin down. Don’t know what to try next—already tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr help [Jhamlet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moving this to the top since I had the same issue (as well as a myriad of other sensor/connectivity issues) this morning after updating the app on my iPad and iPhone to 5.14.

Any luck yet?

I spoke with customer support today and it sounds like they are definitely getting reports of issues with the new update, especially with the original (2014) model Kickr, and hope to release an update in the next week or so with some bug fixes. They advised I try the following first:

• Unplug the kickr for 30-60s to reset.
  • Make sure any other competing apps (trainerroad, zwift, etc.) are off so as to not interfere
  • unpair any existing sensors, toggle off Bluetooth and back on, restart the app
  • Plug the kickr back in, and pair only that (no other sensors yet)
  • perform a factory spindown

Sounds like that resets the internal braking system and a few other things that should hopefully fix the issue. As for the other connectivity problems I was having with my Quarq DZero and HRM...not sure. But, one thing at a time, I suppose.

I'll report back.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr help [jonmhicks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Good to know I am not crazy. Got an email saying to basically hang tight. When I tried to do the factory spin down, no speed registers. Hope they fix it soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr help [Jhamlet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reset everything and paired again. Did the factory spin down and that seemed to work as normal. Tried a ride and it worked okay for a few minutes but then started dropping out and eventually crashed. Also tried pairing my HRM and PM and none of those seem to work. They will say “connected” but won’t display any data.

Guess I’ll just wait for the update and hopefully that helps. Wish I could at least use my smart trainer as a dumb trainer in the meantime...
Quote Reply