Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kickr core vs smart
Quote | Reply
Any strong opinions on getting the kickr core or smart? Down the road I'd envision getting the climb and I suspect I'll set Zwift to 100% for gradients. I've read the DCrainmaker reviews - just looking for any additional thoughts.

Currently using an old very inexpensive mag trainer from over 10 years ago with a speed sensor for Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr core vs smart [MadisonGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Kickr Core and am very pleased with it. I bought it at short notice to allow me to train through the Corona lockdown as we are not permitted to go outside for excercise here in Spain. The Kickr Core is substantially cheaper vs the top of the range Kickr but minimal differences in quality or functionality.

I suggest you read the DC Rainmaker or GP Lama reviews to get full understanding of any differences in functionality or capabilities.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr core vs smart [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you - I'll look at the reviews. Good to hear you like the core. If I choose to go with that trainer I can get it locally with curb side pickup while the smart I'd have to order online.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr core vs smart [MadisonGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Climb and the newer generations of Kickrs are all climb compatible.

I can't really justify the extra $300 for the regular model...I had a Gen 1 which I sold and bought a core a few months ago and it's been a major upgrade. Super quiet, more accurate power reading and a bit lighter as well. No handle though which I guess is a small negative...who's really moving their trainer that often though?
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr core vs smart [cassinonorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. The online stores that I was looking at sold out of the smart between last night and now. Just got the last CORE from my local bike shop. I can pick it up without entering the store to keep things safe. I was leaning toward the CORE anyhow, and now that it seems to be the only available unit the choice is clear. Looking forward to my first ride with it later today!
Quote Reply