Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kickr Core - Lag?
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have trouble with their Core lagging at intervals? For example, on trainnerroad, when an interval starts, it takes about 10 seconds before my kickr changes the resistance. Likewise at the end of the interval, it shows the interval ending on screen, but the kickr doesn't change the resistance back down for about 10 seconds after.

I've had the trainer a few weeks, it was working perfect until a week ago. Hasn't been moved, no updates, tried doing spindown, unplugging, etc etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Core - Lag? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got mine a couple of weeks ago and this hasn't happened. I unplug mine after every ride but I don't think that's necessary.
Did you mess with any of your settings for Power Smoothing in Trainerroad? Only asking since you dind't explicitly say it.
Also do you have any other apps open? I think Wahoo recommends closing all other apps that could control the trainer
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Core - Lag? [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do unplug it, and have tried spin downs in TR. No other apps running. Haven't changed a single setting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have ERG smoothing on?

Also, I have noticed that if for some reason you pause a workout and restart that the ERG power won't actually take over until the next interval starts. It's maddening when you have kids who interrupt you mid workout!
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Core - Lag? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
Do you have ERG smoothing on?

Also, I have noticed that if for some reason you pause a workout and restart that the ERG power won't actually take over until the next interval starts. It's maddening when you have kids who interrupt you mid workout!
In TR settings, I have Power Smoothing at 5 seconds. But this is the setting I've used for years. I have an older Kickr I use at a different location.
This new Core trainer is the only trainer in the room, and it worked perfect for about 3 weeks, then started doing this lag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe check the wahoo app to make sure the ERG smoothing didn't get turned on. That messed up all my interval timing.

I've only had my Core about 2 weeks. I came from a CT that had about a 10 second lag on intervals. I've noticed the kickr has about a 5 second lag. At least in Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Core - Lag? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll check, but I rarely if ever have that app turned on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully you're not having a hardware issue.

I was hoping a bit more for instant intervals on the Core. Though after some though I realized why spins up to them and spins down. Imagine it suddenly going from Z1 to Z5 power or the other way. You'd end up wrecking yourself!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Anyone else have trouble with their Core lagging at intervals? For example, on trainnerroad, when an interval starts, it takes about 10 seconds before my kickr changes the resistance. Likewise at the end of the interval, it shows the interval ending on screen, but the kickr doesn't change the resistance back down for about 10 seconds after.

I've had the trainer a few weeks, it was working perfect until a week ago. Hasn't been moved, no updates, tried doing spindown, unplugging, etc etc.

so you're saying that your intervals are still the correct duration? the TR guys have mentioned this in their podcast before where some trainers can be slow to respond but it all evens out in the end and that it's not a big deal
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Core - Lag? [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose it kind of does, but that is in TR, pretty sure its gonna suck if it starts doing that in Zwift racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find my Kickr Core to be very responsive (with Zwift and ErgVideo, have not used with TR). Not quite as quick as a wired computrainer, but close.

A 2016ish Kickr was noticeably less responsive.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Core - Lag? [OldnFat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So after several failed attempts to update the firmware via my iphone, I was able to update it via a samsung tablet, and then did the double factory spin down. Knock on wood, it seems to be working OK again. Not sure why it would have started doing that lag all of a sudden though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my kickr core.

For the spindown, don't do it in any of the apps. Disaster always seems to follow. Just do the spindown in the Wahoo app and it keeps things rolling nicely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

I have a similar experience but do not really care that much about the 8 seconds or is 10?
Quote Reply