Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Kickr Climb
Quote | Reply
I was doing some research on my Kickr today and stumbled across a new product from Wahoo. I searched, but couldn't find this listed or discussed on slowtwitch. Looks interesting. 0-20% grade simulation. Looks like it works with any of the Wahoo trainers. Thoughts?

http://test.wahoofitness.com/kickr-climb-indoor-grade-simulator

The Kickr Climb

PRODUCT OVERVIEW
The latest innovation from Wahoo will literally take your indoor training to the next level! KICKR CLIMB indoor grade simulator is designed to work exclusively with the new KICKR and new SNAP and when paired, it will add physical grade changes to your indoor training. The CLIMB is compatible with Third Party Apps, so whether riding a virtual course or performing a structured workout, KICKR CLIMB blends assents and descents with resistance changes for a truly immersive indoor training experience. The world isn’t flat; now, neither is your ride!

--------------------------

TEAM HONEY BADGER
Last edited by: jsfarmer: Aug 25, 17 10:41
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Climb [jsfarmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wanna go downhill...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you find their test website? This product is not listed on the main website.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Climb [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea. But I didn't notice that. Glad I grabbed the pics!

I was just googling to remind myself of the max grade my Kickr can do. Looking to make changes to Zwift setting to be closer to 100% of grade instead of the current default of 50%

TEAM HONEY BADGER
Last edited by: jsfarmer: Aug 25, 17 10:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow good find! Looks interesting

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Max Incline: 20%
Max Decline: -10%
Compatible Trainers: New Wahoo KICKR (model released August 2017) and New KICKR SNAP (model released July 2017)
Metrics: Current Grade
Dimensions: 25.75" H x 5.1" W x 7" L
Supported Hubs: QR, 12x100, 15x100, 15x110
Wireless Software Updates: Yes
3rd Party App Compatible: Yes, when paired to a KICKR or KICKR SNAP

So the Kickr is being updated to work with bikes like the P5-X and Andean. Does this mean I can't buy it to work with the current Kickr V2 that I have?

Is there an upgrade option to add the new hub support to the V2 without buying another new Kickr?

Lots of questions about this.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a leak for eurobike, curious what else changed in the KICKR besides the thru-axles...

We see Zwift in the picture, curious if the TrainerRoad guys have been involved...

Lots of Wahoo branding in their (TR) newest marketing efforts.

Edit: looks like the test site is down....

2014 P3 DI2 - RT6, CXR80, Power2Max S, 820, Fenix 3 HR. (gone)
Last edited by: P90Puma: Aug 25, 17 11:08
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Climb [P90Puma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P90Puma wrote:
Looks like a leak for eurobike, curious what else changed in the KICKR besides the thru-axles...

We see Zwift in the picture, curious if the TrainerRoad guys have been involved...

Lots of Wahoo branding in their (TR) newest marketing efforts.

Edit: looks like the test site is down....

I still have the test site up on one of my tabs if you want to see more pictures...

Some very interesting features. What stands out to me is re-riding your favorite routes (if you have the elemnt or elemnt bolt) with all the ascents and descents. This seems super cool, but too pricey for me.
Last edited by: jpay: Aug 25, 17 12:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this a real product? It's a little early for April Fool's Day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Max Incline: 20%
Max Decline: -10%
Compatible Trainers: New Wahoo KICKR (model released August 2017) and New KICKR SNAP (model released July 2017)
Metrics: Current Grade
Dimensions: 25.75" H x 5.1" W x 7" L
Supported Hubs: QR, 12x100, 15x100, 15x110
Wireless Software Updates: Yes
3rd Party App Compatible: Yes, when paired to a KICKR or KICKR SNAP

So the Kickr is being updated to work with bikes like the P5-X and Andean. Does this mean I can't buy it to work with the current Kickr V2 that I have?

Is there an upgrade option to add the new hub support to the V2 without buying another new Kickr?

Lots of questions about this.

So my old 1st generation Kickr won't work with this?
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Climb [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the way I read it. No Gen1 Kickr. As an owner, I'm disappointed.

TEAM HONEY BADGER
Last edited by: jsfarmer: Aug 25, 17 13:16
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Climb [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Confirmed with LBS, not a prank, real product coming to a store near you.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Climb [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if they'll have a bundle to save a little cash. Every time I get a flat on my computrainer I contemplate throwing it off a cliff. This would get me to spend the extra money on a Kickr. Total cost of about $2000 for this and the new Kickr is tough though.

Edit: Guess it's $1800 total. Still a lot.

--Chris
Last edited by: chriselam: Aug 25, 17 13:45
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Climb [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was originally wishing it would allow you to -steer- too. That was in Zwift you could change directions and go around people instead of through them.

TEAM HONEY BADGER
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just the kickr is worth every nickle.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's actually pretty cool. I don't see a real training benefit other than increased immersion but it definitely has a "neat" factor to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr Climb [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess nobody told them that you can't simulate climbing by elevating the front wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But cycling through someone is most bad-ass thing you can do! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not?

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They either don't have any technical advisers familiar with physics or they kept it to themselves for some reason, perhaps because they thought it'd be funny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still don't know why raising the front wheel wouldn't simulate going up hill.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think about the physics or just do a lot of searching/Googling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems to me that raising the front wheel would simulate going up hill pretty well. Wahoo clearly agrees with me.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's awesome. I honestly thought about doing something like this myself and looked at using a small motorcycle lift for the front wheel paired with a pc-controller motor to actuate it. But a combination of thinking it wouldn't respond quick enough, zwift not having an public api, and laziness, kept me from doing much other than dreaming.

As a kickr gen 1 owner, I don't know why this couldn't work with us, could simulate another trainer and receive ant+ commands from the computer or even use WiFi and talk to the zwift servers directly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sausagetail wrote:
Think about the physics or just do a lot of searching/Googling.

I've thought about the physics, and I don't know what searches I'm supposed to do.

What's wrong with simulating climbing by raising the front wheel (while simultaneously adjusting pedaling torque)?

Keep in mind that this is just a simulation. Every simulator has a degree of fidelity. A trainer is already very different in a lot of ways from actually riding on a road.

But I only see changing the pitch angle of the bike during "climbs" as slightly increasing the fidelity of the overall simulation.
Quote Reply

Prev Next