Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kask Utopia, Rudy Volantis, Specialized Evade II, MET Manta or Oakley AR05
Quote | Reply
I’m looking for an aerodynamic road helmet and was checking these out. Does anyone have any experience with these helmets or recommend any others?
Last edited by: mwanner13: Mar 29, 19 21:50
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia, Rudy Volantis, Specialized Evade II, MET Manta or Oakley AR05 [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
of that lot, utopia and evade....just personal preference.
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia, Rudy Volantis, Specialized Evade II, MET Manta or Oakley AR05 [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What country are you in? The HJC aero version is a super light helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia, Rudy Volantis, Specialized Evade II, MET Manta or Oakley AR05 [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m in the U.S. I did look at the Furion. It’s a good looking helmet and is available on Bike Inn. How is it I’m terms of aerodynamics and safety standards?

Shambolic wrote:
Last edited by: mwanner13: Mar 30, 19 4:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m leaning HJC Furion. I like the size and form. Apparently the manufacturer is one of the largest helmet producers in the world of motorcycle helmets. They have been worn by Soudal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Utopia. SUPER NICE.

The only knock is where my sunglasses meet the retention mechanism... it's a bit strange.
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia, Rudy Volantis, Specialized Evade II, MET Manta or Oakley AR05 [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you own an HJC Furion, and if so what size based on your measurements? I’m a 58cm circumference head. The size guide says M/L, but the reviews indicate I should order an XL/XXL.

Shambolic wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Myself (a d one of my buddies) are using a Met Manta for the past 18 months or so.

Don't know re. just how aero vs others , but for me it's THE most comfy helmet I've had, over about 20 years of having both road and mtb lids.
Very light too.

Obviously fit can be personal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a met manta. Light blue size medium. Willing to part with it if you are interested. Riding mostly gravel and dirt roads now so don't really have a lot of use for an aero helmet anymore. PM if you have any questions
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't own one but I stayed with the importer here in Australia during the Tour Down Under. He did have a spare XL he was going to give me but it was too big. I'm a M in every other helmet including Oakley and Giro road helmets I own if that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that info. I’m waiting on Bike Inn to respond to my sizing question. I’m typically a medium to it sounds like I’d be a M/L. It’s odd that all the reviews said to size up.

Shambolic wrote:
I don't own one but I stayed with the importer here in Australia during the Tour Down Under. He did have a spare XL he was going to give me but it was too big. I'm a M in every other helmet including Oakley and Giro road helmets I own if that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia, Rudy Volantis, Specialized Evade II, MET Manta or Oakley AR05 [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
I have a Utopia. SUPER NICE.

The only knock is where my sunglasses meet the retention mechanism... it's a bit strange.

Works with Oakley's?
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia, Rudy Volantis, Specialized Evade II, MET Manta or Oakley AR05 [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got an evade 2, and absolutely love it. Looks sweet, feels fast, comfortable, not too hot with good airflow. Having MIPs is always a plus for me as even if its a might make me safer that's still something.
Another thing is if you have longer hair it works well with a man bun/ hair down etc.
It's definitely at a price premium but i feel like it is worth it. It's popular, but that's because it is good.
Quote Reply
Re: Kask Utopia, Rudy Volantis, Specialized Evade II, MET Manta or Oakley AR05 [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Utopia.

Positives:
- very high build quality, everything is polished and perfect
- great ventilation for any helmet but really impressive ventilation for an aero helmet
- sits at just the right "depth" on my head: not too high, not too low. it's also low profile.
- great straps and retention system (works well with my glasses)
- best looking helmet sold, in my opinion (?)

Negatives:
- no MIPS
- narrow, minimal pads can be uncomfortable for some, especially on brow (not me, though)
- rear retention system can slip vertically on occasion
- fairly expensive and essentially never on sale
- nowhere to store glasses
Last edited by: hiro11: Apr 21, 21 5:44
Quote Reply