Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Justin Lippert- Triathlete of the year?
Quote | Reply
Well, Lippert won the sprint, OLY, and middle distance the USAT national championships. 4th place at IM 70.3 Texas, 6th and 8th place at collegiate nationals. I believe he got 2nd in the Boston Triathlon that turned into a duathlon? (like college nationals) Also, he won his collegiate conference OLY triathlon.

SO.. is this watermelon speedo wearing dude triathlete of the year???
Yes or no?
Who else would it be?

Instagram: @taggart_vanetten
Full Send Triathlon
Race Blog: https://taggartvanettentriathlon.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Lippert- Triathlete of the year? [Taggart_95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we are talking age group and only USA Triathlon. The answer is yes.

If not can i get a heck yes for Steve Jackson. Ironman 70.3 Gulf Coast Champ and Ironman Florida Champ and a pretty solid Kona. At least for Florida Triathlete of the year.
Last edited by: LifeTri: Nov 14, 18 6:58
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Lippert- Triathlete of the year? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He couldn't have won ITU age group worlds in the non-drafting OLY? I think he would have had a chance, hard to go across the world to race when you're a college student

Instagram: @taggart_vanetten
Full Send Triathlon
Race Blog: https://taggartvanettentriathlon.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If not Lippert, then Todd Buckingham for short course. Lippert beat him head to head locally but Todd raced and won worlds.

If long course it's got to be Clay Emge, and should be pretty much every year like MJ or Lebron should get the mvp every single year but don't. He's been the first or second overall amateur in every 70.3 and Ironman he's raced in the last 4 years except for Kona where he was 2nd in the 30-34. He's also won overall all the small olympics he's entered in the last few years
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Lippert- Triathlete of the year? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interviewing Steve right now

LifeTri wrote:
If we are talking age group and only USA Triathlon. The answer is yes.

If not can i get a heck yes for Steve Jackson. Ironman 70.3 Gulf Coast Champ and Ironman Florida Champ and a pretty solid Kona. At least for Florida Triathlete of the year.
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Lippert- Triathlete of the year? [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:
If long course it's got to be Clay Emge, and should be pretty much every year like MJ or Lebron should get the mvp every single year but don't. He's been the first or second overall amateur in every 70.3 and Ironman he's raced in the last 4 years except for Kona where he was 2nd in the 30-34. He's also won overall all the small olympics he's entered in the last few years

Impressive. I looked up on obstri. In the last 4 years, 6 IM AG wins plus a 2nd and 7th at Kona (won AG at Kona 2013) (worst time 9:14 (2015 Kona) and won AG at all 6 70.3s (worst time 4:09). These are WTC races only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tough call although he's having a stellar year, definitely one of the top amateurs in the US right now.

Love his "full send" mantra.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say Justin has had a fantastic year and deserves the title of Best USA Amatuer Triathlete of the year. In regards to the pros and the ITU guys, I don't think we can really compare that...
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Lippert- Triathlete of the year? [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s definitely tricky for USAT to make the decision of Triathlete of the Year, since they are grouping together short and long course.

For short course, it has to be Lippert or Buckingham.
For long course, both Emge and Giuliano had stellar seasons.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Lippert- Triathlete of the year? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know if everyone raced Nats or only some did IM events but pure optics of it. One guy won 2 national titles in 1 weekend. That’s pretty sick and I don’t mean AG title, I mean overall titles. Pretty badass. Did Todd race nats?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Lippert- Triathlete of the year? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Todd was 3rd OA in the Sprint and 7th OA in the Oly at Nats. And then he went on to OA Worlds in the Sprint or Oly (I forget which) and then won his AG in the other event.

So Todd definitely crushed at worlds, but I think Justin gets the edge since he won twice in the head to head races.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Yeah, Todd was 3rd OA in the Sprint and 7th OA in the Oly at Nats. And then he went on to OA Worlds in the Sprint or Oly (I forget which) and then won his AG in the other event.

So Todd definitely crushed at worlds, but I think Justin gets the edge since he won twice in the head to head races.

Let's not forget the doubles at US Du Nats. The only to beat him (Todd)... Alex...was you.
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Lippert- Triathlete of the year? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, well, no one cares about duathlon :)

I still vote Lippert for triathlete of the year.

Buckingham for duathlete of the year. He won the DL sprint, 3rd in the Oly, and still solid in the sprint on completely shattered legs. Oh, and 2nd place at the Apple du to former World Champion Baumgartener.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I had a vote....I vote "#fullsend"
Quote Reply