Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just another seeking advice on bikes thread
Quote | Reply

Let start off by saying that I wasn’t thinking about buying a new bike for this up coming year as I’ve been really happy with my 2016 Felt IA10. It’s a great bike, upgraded what I could in terms of a Tririg Sigma X stem, Omega Brakes, 3t Brezza II bar and etc.

But I’ve recently came across a pretty good deal for a 2019 Argon18 E119 frameset for $3000 and even started to look at the Trek SC frameset for $3300. I don’t know if I want to go disc brake yet, mainly due to costs of the bike itself and to replace all my wheels as well.

I know I should do a pre purchase bike fit, but living in rural Northern Nevada, I’m pretty far away from the best recommend fitters in CA, at least 20+ hour round trip drives. Unless anyone here as any good recommendations of fitters in the Sacramento area?

I’m not really concern with which bike is faster, although I do expect both the Argon and Trek are probably going to be a tad bit faster, and lighter than my Felt. I just wanted to seek advice from those who are diverse with the Argon and Trek on which size would be close enough to my Felt that I could translate my position to if I decided to buy one.

For context, the Felt is a 54cm frame and I’m pretty dialed in for comfort in aero. I’m 5’9”, 155lbs and average around 3.8-4 watts per kilo for a HIM split, somewhere around 2:10-2:15 for me. Thanks for looking.
Quote Reply
Re: Just another seeking advice on bikes thread [TriEnduro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
considering your fit on the IA10 is good to start with the stack/reach on a 54 is 513/406, on the Trek is 517/408, so a hair taller and longer. Argon doesn't seem to measure frame stack/reach but pad stack/reach so to get in the ballpark you'd need to add roughly how far out (and up) your pads are then compare the min/max's on their geo chart.

Honestly, it sounds like a pretty lateral move though unless you just really want one of those bikes.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Just another seeking advice on bikes thread [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can get daily close with matching the Trek, it’s the Argon I was having trouble with, with their pad reach/stack measurements. I guess I can take a tape measure and measure my current set up and probably get pretty close.

Yes, I can see this as a lateral move as well but if I can save money by buying something now versus waiting, why not. Everyone likes new things and of course I won’t lie that maybe having something a bit more aero, lighter and has vertical dropouts would be nice.
Quote Reply