Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jonny Brownlee And Gomez Interview Each Other
Quote | Reply
Prety good watch this covers training in lockdown, Superleague and historical rivalries.

Quote Reply
Re: Jonny Brownlee And Gomez Interview Each Other [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fun to have the FGP and Super league this weekend.
Thanks for the link!
Quote Reply
Re: Jonny Brownlee And Gomez Interview Each Other [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its weird seeing two GOATS of sport with a huge rivalry interview each other like that and no awkwardness or animosity between them and a really good interview.

I just wonder if Ali and Gomez could have done the same as there always seemed to be a bit more needle between them with Ali being more competitive.

Interesting to see Gomez say he'll have a crack at Kona twice, and Jonny confirming he'll move to LC.

Gomez doesn't sound confident at all about Tokyo, I wonder why he's bothering.
Last edited by: Jackets: Aug 24, 20 9:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great co-interview. Thanks for sharing the link.

FYI, the replay of at least the women’s race is available on the Super League Facebook page. I started to watch the beginning of the first race, where the bike is held on Zwift. Pretty cool and very impressive to see the women’s power numbers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess (100% pure speculation) is it's much more lucrative for him to continue ITU and maintain whatever level of national federation support he gets. He may be seen as an underdog in short course at this point in his career, but he is still at the pointy end of almost any race he enters.

My other guess, and I understand this is likely blasphemy here, is he may just not enjoy long course as much.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply