Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jock itch and training (probably TMI)
Quote | Reply
So I’m pretty confident that I have Jock itch. It’s itchy but I can run with it. I went to the pharmacy and got what I asked.

Can I still run/bike with this or should I just wait it out - as painful as that’ll be as I’m training for an Ironman in a couple months.

Any other tips? Should I use body glide while I run? Does gold bond actually work or is that bs.
In Reply To:
If it gets worse with the over counter stuff I’ll obviously go to the dr. Just to get that out of the way.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Jock itch and training (probably TMI) [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put some athletes foot cream on it, that will get rid of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What T3 said. Get whatever topical cream you got from the pharmacist on there, a layer of chamois cream to prevent chafing then get the F out there and train, mofo.
Quote Reply
Re: Jock itch and training (probably TMI) [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
What T3 said. Get whatever topical cream you got from the pharmacist on there, a layer of chamois cream to prevent chafing then get the F out there and train, mofo.

Nice!

Thanks to you both. I did a half last weekend and looked need around in my tri kit for like 4 hours after. It’s my fault.

Dan Mayberry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tinea corporis (jock itch) usually responds really well to topical antifungals. You should see symptoms improve quickly but make sure to continue to use the cream a few days after you think it's gone. The biking will definitely slow the healing. Fungal infections love warm wet environments (i.e sweaty balls). If you can tolerate biking get your shorts off asap and wash and dry as soon as possible. Don't use bodyglide, gold bond would be much better to create a dryer environment. Try to wear loose fitting clothing and get as much air to the area to help heal faster.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the term is schmegma LOL

Wash everything involved. Then treat with over the counter and if you aren't sure Neosporin or Cortisone 10 will cure about anything.
(just remember free advice is worth what you pay for it :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Jock itch and training (probably TMI) [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRugby wrote:
Tinea corporis (jock itch) usually responds really well to topical antifungals. You should see symptoms improve quickly but make sure to continue to use the cream a few days after you think it's gone. The biking will definitely slow the healing. Fungal infections love warm wet environments (i.e sweaty balls). If you can tolerate biking get your shorts off asap and wash and dry as soon as possible. Don't use bodyglide, gold bond would be much better to create a dryer environment. Try to wear loose fitting clothing and get as much air to the area to help heal faster.

Thanks!

Much appreciated.

Dan Mayberry
Quote Reply
Re: Jock itch and training (probably TMI) [PennBen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PennBen wrote:
I believe the term is schmegma LOL

Wash everything involved. Then treat with over the counter and if you aren't sure Neosporin or Cortisone 10 will cure about anything.
(just remember free advice is worth what you pay for it :-)

Lol

Dan Mayberry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drm437 wrote:
trail wrote:

Nice!

Thanks to you both. I did a half last weekend and looked need around in my tri kit for like 4 hours after. It’s my fault.

Oh geez! 4 hours in a nasty tri kit. That’ll do it. I finish racing and practically bolt to the car to get out of my tri kit.
Quote Reply
Re: Jock itch and training (probably TMI) [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get some Lamisil spray. It’s the best OTC anti fungal. Use till goes away, then a couple days more to make sure. I didn’t sleep at a Holiday Inn last night but I am a pharmacist 😜

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Jock itch and training (probably TMI) [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Lamisil spray!

..I, umm, heard from a friend it works really well..
Quote Reply
Re: Jock itch and training (probably TMI) [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:

Oh geez! 4 hours in a nasty tri kit. That’ll do it. I finish racing and practically bolt to the car to get out of my tri kit.

i don't really understand this line of thought. if its a time based issue, wouldn't every IM competitor get infected? they're in their nasty tri-kit for up to 17 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Jock itch and training (probably TMI) [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn’t mean you will but it’s best to get out of sweaty clothes as soon as you can.
Quote Reply