Quote Reply
Re: Jerk of the Day [Bigringonly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't he overtaking a parked bus?

What's the issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Jerk of the Day [Simo429] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The flashing red lights and the stop sign?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
giving cyclists who follow the laws a bad name
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not american, I didn't notice that because I had never seen it before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simo429 wrote:
Isn't he overtaking a parked bus?

What's the issue?

In Massachusetts, all vehicles have to stop when a bus has its lights flashing and the stop sign extended. This is to protect the kids getting on/off the bus. This guy basically ran a stop sign.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Free Pass! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone in the video comments blew up a frame grab.. looks like a commuter (backpack) on a Cervelo P5, in Avon Grove (Chester County PA)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No cop, no stop.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Jerk of the Day [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:

Do motorists who break the laws give others a bad name?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Jerk of the Day [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

I always say we should show a good example on the road, but I also agree with this.

There are probably 10000 videos of drivers you could post to every one idiot cyclist move.

Just lookup "Mustang memes" threads on a car forum. Sooooo many videos of idiots racing, crashing, hitting pedestrians at car shows during burnouts, etc......

I mean, Road.cc has a "close pass" video every single day on their website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

That's a good point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just pointing out that's how the general non-cycling public feels. This is based on any post about a cyclist breaking a traffic law and the comments generally blow up with "cyclists suck", "they break laws"
Quote Reply
Re: Jerk of the Day [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

I always say we should show a good example on the road, but I also agree with this.

There are probably 10000 videos of drivers you could post to every one idiot cyclist move.

Just lookup "Mustang memes" threads on a car forum. Sooooo many videos of idiots racing, crashing, hitting pedestrians at car shows during burnouts, etc......

I mean, Road.cc has a "close pass" video every single day on their website.

the difference being almost everybody drives a car and never thinks as themselves as the jerk driver so they believe not all drivers are jerks. a majority are not cyclists, in the sense out riding a road bike in traffic, so they end up grouping us all together when they see one break a law.
Quote Reply
Re: Jerk of the Day [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was something I didn't know when I moved to the US. In Europe you pass a bus which has pulled over and isn't indicating it is joining the road. What I even found more surprising is that all traffic from both directions have to stop and can't pass the bus.
European kids are taught from young age not to jump into the street in front of a bus, and they don't.
But Americans love their stop signs. A crossings with a clear view in all directions for half a mile even have stop signs. And you better stop, because half a mile away there might be a cop lurking behind the bushes to catch you, so the roads will be a lot safer. You wonder with all those stop signs they still have a much higher death toll on the roads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just pointing out that's how the general non-cycling public feels. This is based on any post about a cyclist breaking a traffic law and the comments generally blow up with "cyclists suck", "they break laws"

It’s because cyclist our outside the norm and drivers feel them to be an inconvenience. Same goes for motorcycles. People will lump them all in the same boat if they see one motorcyclist driving foolishly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

Cyclists could perfectly follow every law and those people would still be just as angry. It's not a rational opposition.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering that cyclists even in "pro-cycling" communities are still embattled...this guy ain't helping.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Jerk of the Day [TriStart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If a bus is stopped on a divided road then the opposing traffic does not have to stop.

At least that's the way it is in Michigan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

This cyclist does suck....and the next time I’m riding through this area....I may encounter some who thinks all cyclist suck because of this ass face!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bigringonly wrote:
mickison wrote:
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

This cyclist does suck....and the next time I’m riding through this area....I may encounter some who thinks all cyclist suck because of this ass face!

That hypothetical person doesn't think all cyclists suck because of this ass-face; that hypothetical person already thought all cyclists suck.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

Maybe. If someone does something shitty on the road, I'm going to have less tolerance for the next person that does something shitty on the road.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bigringonly wrote:
Musta been in a Strava segment!

https://www.facebook.com/...214726410527647/?t=0

Slowtwitch Points for the first person to find the flyby and find out how fast he was going!
Last edited by: lifejustice: Aug 29, 18 9:31
Quote Reply
Re: Jerk of the Day [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
Toby wrote:
mickison wrote:

Maybe. If someone does something shitty on the road, I'm going to have less tolerance for the next person that does something shitty on the road.

Given what drivers in Texas do, I have very little patience for hand-wringing about what cyclists do. Drivers here can barely go in a straight line. It's a double standard that sets up the perception that all cyclists must behave perfectly at all times or any cyclist deserves anything that happens, and it's ultimately destructive to feed into that notion. It's the perfect victim fallacy.

Quote Reply

Prev Next