Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jaybird Tarah Pro wireless running headphones vs Jaybird X3 and X4?
Quote | Reply
I had a major beef with Jaybird X3, which I have 3 pairs of - they just don't last. Jaybird X3 are advertised as 8 hours, mine only last 2 hours or less after less than two years of use. Granted all headphone batteries lose charge after a while, having 25% just doesn't sound right.

But I love the sound of Jaybird X3s and getting a 4th pair didn't make any sense. So I started looking for alternatives and was going to buy an updated X4, until reading reviews. Turns out they are basically an updated X3 with waterproofing and slight design changes. Same battery life, same Bluetooth 4.1 etc.

That is when I got interested in the Jaybird Tarah Pro. The 14 hour battery life, waterproofing and Bluetooth 5.0 is what sold me. But after using them for 2 months I found even more reasons why I liked them over X3:

1. Less signal drop off. Rubber antennae cord on X3 and sweat just don't mix. Tarah Pro have a fabric like cord that doesn't stick to the neck and don't have signal drop offs.
  2. Magnetic driver heads are actually very useful to hang headphones around the neck.
  3. Charging clip finally doesn't suck. I could insert it in either direction and it magnetically snaps in place.

Here is my full review after using Jaybird Tarah Pro for 2 months:

https://www.cake.co/...eview-after-2-months

If you have Jaybird X4 I'd love to hear what you think of them compared to X3 and Tarah Pros!

Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Tarah Pro wireless running headphones vs Jaybird X3 and X4? [Vilen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a set of the X3's that failed from me charging after use. Didn't see in the manual till too late that charging straight after use (still covered in sweat) can cause internal failure.

I tossed up whether to get the Tarah's or X4's, ended up getting the X4's due to the waterproofing.

Comparing the X3 to the X4, you're right, they are basically the same. the X3's ear piece's are interchangable, sound the same, still just as uncomfortable (still can't find any wireless earphones as comfortable as my old sony wired sports buds :-( ). they even changed how the excess cord is managed which I don't like, I'll be swapping it to the X3's clips soon.

When these fail I'll take a look at the Tarah's!
Quote Reply
Re: Jaybird Tarah Pro wireless running headphones vs Jaybird X3 and X4? [greasdupdeafguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know about Jaybird X4. I'm wondering if the X5 will address any of these issues like charging and comfort.

Afterall, they already have solved some of them in Tarah Pro and the trickle down effect would make sense to me. Maybe a shorter battery for X5 would be acceptable to differentiate them from Tarah Pros.

On another note, I hope Jaybird continues to develop wireless wired headphones, instead of going all in on the independent earbuds for each ear. I also have Apple Powerbeats Pro and on paper having earbuds work independently is great, but in reality I often worry about dropping one or both and the battery life is much shorter since each has to have their own.

In opinion there is room for both types: wireless wired and wireless independent headphones.
Quote Reply