Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Javelin Arcole?
Quote | Reply
What a well thought out frame. Don't imagine it's cheap. In fact it's probably quite expensive, especially for an aluminium frame. Anybody have any info. There's no mention of price on the Javelin site.

http://www.javbike.com/...n_arcole2003_big.jpg
Quote Reply
Here you go... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Here you go... [campbell53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two grand. Ouch. Don't imagine Santa will bring me one this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Javelin Arcole? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't like the flavor of their internal cable routing. I'm also curious about the purpose of the aggressively shaped top tube. It does look kinda cool though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the price. It is $100 less than the P3 frame but includes the headset. The only problem is there is not the history of the bike to see how it actually performs, whereas the P3 has demonstrated good results.

FIRELUV
Quote Reply
or .......... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
check out this for $1k,

aero downtube, seattube, bladed chainstays, compact sizing, very stiff

3 .1 lbs w/paint, 2.9 w/o:

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/...oadster/roadster.asp

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll post up. I've been riding one since August. The last few years I've been riding Kestrel--moderately forward for a couple of years, slack last year. This year I'm even with the bb and will move a little more forward for the upcoming season.

The $2k price includes the fork, headset, and seatpost. It still makes for an expensive bike, but I've been very pleased with the flexible geometry and the ride. I'd like to see the front center a little longer (probably by relaxing the head tube angle--I haven't measured this yet), but overall the handling has been pretty well spot on. Having been on carbon, road bike and tri bike, I was a little apprehensive about Aluminum. But only the roads that make any frame 'harsh' feel harsh.

Check the website for updates as I believe they will have a full line of road and tri bikes in the upcoming year. They've also got a 20" kids bike. Unlike a Javelin I had 4-5 years ago, the workmanship on this one is very good as is the paint.

www.dallastrigeeks.org has a pic of the bike built up. disclaimer: I do ride for Javelin, but if I didn't really like the frame, I'd try to find another one for next season.
-Brandon

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Javelin Arcole? [fireluv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P3 frameset also includes a headset. $100 less expensive than a P3, $700 more expensive than a P2K, it just depends what you want to compare it with.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weren't people lambasting Litespeed a short while ago for bothering to aero-ify the top tube? (But I'd keep the Javelin if I won the raffle :-)

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: or .......... [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I like the price (of the Santa Cruz) and I like the tubeset, and I like the choice of colors, BUT the headtube is not particularly short and with a SML sizing there is a 3cm jump from S to M, couple that with a 73 degree seattube and I'd need a Profile-Fast Forward post + a seat nose extension to ride my way, or a layback post that would crunch me up so much I'd probaby need spacers under the stem.

Great looking bike, but dang it would do squat for me in a TT.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply