Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jan @ Breakfast with Bob
Quote | Reply
This was definitely the best so far, even better that Starky! When asked what his next race would be he replied "We'll have to see who wins on saturday, I may have to do some other ironman somewhere in Canada or some shit"
Really bummed he isn't racing on saturday, but hopefully next year we get a fully fit Frodo, Gomez and maybe even Alistair joins them for another epic battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMqQWLc_sYs&index=6&list=PLLMnk-uMS4XO4KWDj8Z938g1NZUHc4G8u&t=0s

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SeanTri94 [ In reply to ]
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [SeanTri94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just something I seen in comments of YouTube on this video, that he has aparrantly failed a drugs test by ironman and that injury is a cover for him missing Kona ?

Who are you dude? Reposting obvious lies about someone is not cool. Just think about it for on second(a second longer than you apparently spent on it before posting this nonsense). He just won the "Ironman" 70.3 WC. If he had a positive test he would be popped right then and there, and it would be over. If it were before, they would not have allowed him to even race it. Sorry to be so harsh on you, but you are 10X more harsh on Jan with this repost, so perhaps you need to revaluate...
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [SeanTri94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should never read the comments section Youtube Videos or Newspaper articles.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Avoid Internet forums as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
This was definitely the best so far, even better that Starky! When asked what his next race would be he replied "We'll have to see who wins on saturday, I may have to do some other ironman somewhere in Canada or some shit"
Really bummed he isn't racing on saturday, but hopefully next year we get a fully fit Frodo, Gomez and maybe even Alistair joins them for another epic battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMqQWLc_sYs&index=6&list=PLLMnk-uMS4XO4KWDj8Z938g1NZUHc4G8u&t=0s

Ya, it just shows the Lionel bias of most STers that this thread does not have 100 posts already. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i thought the Jan interview was good, but I liked the Starky one better.

I also thought that the Gomez interview was good. That guy is super humble. I can't wait to see the race unfold.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought Jan gave a great interview but nobody is beating Starky for me. In a matter of 30 seconds, he managed to fit "sperm" and Ricky Bobby quotes. He basically played the meow game on Bob...
On top of that you have to appreciate that he was basically shouting that he'd rather walk the close of the marathon trying to win than try to hold onto a certain placing. That's the kind of racing I can't wait to see. Also how bananas is his sweat rate being 4 L/hr... I can see why he's argued Kona shouldn't be the WC every year

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
If he had a positive test he would be popped right then and there, and it would be over. If it were before, they would not have allowed him to even race it.

to be fair we have no idea how private corporations and insulated governing bodies do results management anymore. I mean, just the term "results management" is a red flag IMO.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree. I'm getting pretty cynical about nearly everything I hear from public figures, but Frodeno's words about walking on the Queen K last year and his motivation for racing this year got to me. I was also very impressed with Starykowicz in his interview. He has overcome some real serious sh-t. I disagree with his "first or last" philosophy, but if he is earning the most $ possible to support his family racing with that philosophy, I can't criticize him for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I’m sure that comment was false, but what good does it do ironman to pop their multiple 70.3 and ironman champ?

To take Jan’s name out of this, let’s say athlete X wins this year and if a favorite for 2019. A few weeks before the race he test positive for a ped. Do you really think ironman is going to publicize that? I don’t.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea right. The comments section is almost always better entertainment value than any article.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were the other athletes, I'd get pretty annoyed with all the Frodeno questions. I love the guy, but the reality is that he wasn't good enough to make it to the start line healthy. That's his fault.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To take Jan’s name out of this, let’s say athlete X wins this year and if a favorite for 2019. A few weeks before the race he test positive for a ped. Do you really think ironman is going to publicize that? I don’t.

You're probably right, they would never bust a champion, oh wait;;;
And nice touch faking his X-rays and getting his doctor to go along with this scam, sheeesh, you guys need to adjust your tin foil on your heads...

https://www.velonews.com/2004/11/news/krafts-epo-admission-continues-to-rattle-triathlon-world_7200
Last edited by: monty: Oct 10, 18 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh you guys just shattered my view of Jan...damnit this sounds more and more likely...crap...Jan’s story of the plane ride, and then a 12 midnight run just sounds strange as well...please say it ain’t so.
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starky did overcome some serious issues to get back to where he is today. I thought it was quite funny when he mentioned that the doc told him he could ride for 20 minutes. He immediately responded with "20 minutes? How many times?" That made me laugh. I also laughed at how complimentary he was towards Gomez at the end, and that he wanted to kick his ass.

I could tell Jan loved to be interviewed. It was interesting to hear how much he hated to be out of this race. That part about racing "Canada or some shit" to race the IMWC winner was funny.

Those BwB interviews were entertaining.
Last edited by: d00d: Oct 10, 18 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: Jan @ Breakfast with Bob [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha I 100 percent agree with you that this is BS. I’m just saying in general that the results management is messed up.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply