Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Iwatch 4 and triathlons
Quote | Reply
I have been using the 920XT for three years and wear it 24/7. I am thinking of getting the new iwatch but wander if worth it as I cannot see me ditching the Garmin for workouts and races. So, could I do another watch on my other arm for anything but a smaller iPad as I have my iPhone with me most times. Thoughts? I did a 70.3 yesterday and could not see the iwatch matching the garmin in races.

Mark E. Goldstein, FACHE, FLEXR Sports sponsored, Brittons Tri Force Member, 7x Ironman finisher (10:37:12 PR exact time on 2x IMs), 20x Half Ironman finisher (4:43 PR), 11x Marathon finisher (2:57 PR)
Quote Reply
Re: Iwatch 4 and triathlons [Markster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be worried with battery life. I'm sticking with my Garmin for training.

I think of my Garmin as a tool, an iWatch is more of a toy/lifestyle/general fitness gadget in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. Absolutely not. I have a 3. It is NOT a multi sport watch. And everything that makes it NOT a multi sport watch is still there in the 4. You will be frustrated and bitchy if you try to make it work. Stick with a purpose built watch like the Garmins or Polar products.
Quote Reply
Re: Iwatch 4 and triathlons [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you wearing both all the time?

Mark E. Goldstein, FACHE, FLEXR Sports sponsored, Brittons Tri Force Member, 7x Ironman finisher (10:37:12 PR exact time on 2x IMs), 20x Half Ironman finisher (4:43 PR), 11x Marathon finisher (2:57 PR)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Apple Watch 3/4 LTE is a fantastic device for running: it can do everything my Fenix3 HR can do, plus play music, let me send/receive emergency texts, and all with a more accurate HR sensor.

Having said that, its swim tracking sucks, it can't talk to any ANT+ cycling devices, there's no structured workout support built in to any of the workout modes, and its battery life won't suffice for an IM distance race.

For what it is, it's a fantastic device, but it's not going to replace your actual tri watches.
Quote Reply