Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Its Friday!
Quote | Reply
Just for yits and tiggles

What is everyone doing for the weekend?

My plans? Oh I am glad you asked! I am going to take a full weekend rest. 2 full rest days. What will I do? Well I am not sure. This is a whole new experience for me. It is like walking around the town square naked. Im totally comfortable with it - it is just a new feeling - a feeling of unrestrained freedom.
Quote Reply
Re: Its Friday! [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
What will I do? Well I am not sure
how about come over to my house and do all my yard work?? i'll give you beer...

i'm still on a 2 week break after the Oliver Half-Iron
i admit its going to be hard to crack the 3 beers a night routine i've been on, but we'll cross that bridge on Monday ;)
can't say ive really missed the training to be honest - its nice to have a break sometimes

and heading to the BC Lions (CFL) home opener on Saturday night
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Headed back to good old quassy amusement park in CT, did Rev3 couple weeks ago but tomorrow morning is the Pat Griskus triathlon races. I'm in for the sprint distance, can't wait to do battle with those hills again. Weather looks like its gunna be perfect too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday - run 15 miles at 6 AM; shower; study for the bar at the library until they kick me out at 7:00 PM. Go home and study till the book falls on my face.
Sunday - ride on the trainer for 90 minutes, run 5 miles off the bike; shower; study for the bar at the library until they kick me out at 6:00 PM. Go home and study till the book falls on my face or I cry myself to sleep.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Recovery type weekend for me following Sunday's Half. S 3k today, b 1:45 tomorrow, run 1:20 Sunday followed by Father's day activities including yhe movie Oceans 8. Supposed to be 92 deg. And humid. Good movie day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be riding Sat morning gravel then that night crying into my beer some more over my cracked frame and starting to sand out the crack to see how bad it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Its Friday! [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a 1/2 IM on Saturday followed by a Father's Day cookout at my in-laws. Sunday I'll be spending the morning cleaning my sailboat followed by taking my daughter to a basketball tournament.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sat - 4 hour TrainerRoad + 3 mile brick
Sun - 13 mile run and 2500yd swim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Local Oly in Jacksonville.
Quote Reply
Re: Its Friday! [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Saturday - run 15 miles at 6 AM; shower; study for the bar at the library until they kick me out at 7:00 PM. Go home and study till the book falls on my face.
Sunday - ride on the trainer for 90 minutes, run 5 miles off the bike; shower; study for the bar at the library until they kick me out at 6:00 PM. Go home and study till the book falls on my face or I cry myself to sleep.

You win! As a guy who took the LSAT for fun just to see if he could get into lawschool (turned out to be not fun and not enjoyable at all and I now reflect on what issues I have that allowed me to actually decide that is a good idea)

Cant imagine what the BAR is like. Goodluck with it all!

To the guy in Jax - I used to live in Neptune Beach!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10k Saturday morning with some time on the trainer in the afternoon, Sunday if the weather's good (should be) hopefully a nice road ride and a swim. Taking it a little chill with Coeur d'Alene 70.3 next weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually in Gainesville, driving to Jax tonight to stay with my brother.

This is the tri that used to be in Fernandina, it's downtown Jax this year for this first time. The swim is in the St. John's river, so definitely PR'ing the swim. I'm pretty sure I could lazily breast stroke a 25 in that river.
Quote Reply
Re: Its Friday! [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:

Those races are a BLAST. I was just wearing one of the tanks I got from racing there 2 years ago.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
I'm actually in Gainesville, driving to Jax tonight to stay with my brother.

This is the tri that used to be in Fernandina, it's downtown Jax this year for this first time. The swim is in the St. John's river, so definitely PR'ing the swim. I'm pretty sure I could lazily breast stroke a 25 in that river.

Oh man - I would hate to actually have to swim in that water though. That is some big deep water. Used to fish downtown all the time when the shrimp were running. If you are with current swim - that will be the fastest swim of your life. That current RIPS. If they plan is dumb and you are swimming up current - everyone will drown haha

should be fun though running/biking through downtown - except for the cobbles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol, if it was against the current, there would only be like 2 finishers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Early hard hour on the trainer Saturday, followed by a day on the beach, with a mile or so open water swim. Sunday, back on the trainer for another hour, followed by an easy 10 miler. Then fire up the BBQ in the afternoon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Final IM training binge before starting 14 day taper on Monday.
Quote Reply
Re: Its Friday! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just kidding - signed up for a 5k sunday. If I go sub 20 then I get a date with a hot girl. My current PR is low 21 (had BAD asthma but was not diagnosed yet - blew into spiro fresh then blew in after a light 10 min jog. 50% decrease in air intake volume). Now have inhaler. Getting paced by my coach.

Might die. Might get dinner.
If I die - no work monday
If I get dinner - .....eh kinda want to die so no work monday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In what seems like a lifetime ago, I was able to go sub 15. It never got me a hot date either, but I was already married with kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i work 12 hour shifts all 3 days but...

today was 6.6 mile run
tomorrow will be 3.3 mile run and roughly an hour / 1 mile on the vasa
sunday is 9.9 mile run.

if you cant tell im doing the barryp running plan.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Its Friday! [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saturday - Brick set - 2h40 trainer race effort + 20 min off the bike
Movies and Dinner w/ Friends

Sunday - 1h45 to 2h easy ride. Afternoon BBQ and Brazil soccer game. VAI BRASIL!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:

I'm in for the sprint. That current is ripping this afternoon.
Quote Reply
Re: Its Friday! [Sullbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I honestly don't know what to expect from the swim. I'm probably 27-28 normal Oly swim, so I don't know if sub 20 is realistic surely low 20s. I guess we'll find out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow I'm leading a local group ride on a fun metric century route, and then we're all having a picnic afterwards. Well, all of us after I do a short run brick. After that I have to sprint to a local school to pick up my volunteer materials for an upcoming PGA tournament where I'll be marshalling the entire tournament.

Sunday is a rest day and I am hoping to not be awake before the sun comes up for the first time in a month.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh yeah - happy fathers day everyone :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next