Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It's official: Ironman Coeur d'Alene 70.3 RESCEHEDULED to September 6th, 2020
Quote | Reply
Just got this email from Ironman:

With the health and safety of our community being an utmost priority, and based on the direction and recommendations of public health agencies and local authorities in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur d’Alene triathlon, originally scheduled for June 28, 2020 has been postponed to September 6, 2020.

In what has been a continually evolving and challenging time globally, we recognize that the postponement may come as a disappointment. We are however pleased to confirm a new race date later this year.

All registered athletes of the 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur d’Alene triathlon will have their race registration automatically moved to this new date, but we have also provided 10 additional race options if you are unable to race on September 6, 2020. All 11 options are listed below.

1. Remain in 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur d’Alene: Sept. 6, 2020

2. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Atlantic City: Sept. 13, 2020

3. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Santa Cruz: Sept. 13, 2020

4. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Washington: Sept. 20, 2020

5. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 SUPERFROG: Sept. 20, 2020

6. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Augusta: Sept. 27, 2020

7. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 North Carolina: Oct. 17, 2020

8. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside: Oct. 24, 2020

9. Free transfer to 2020 Memorial Hermann IRONMAN 70.3 Texas: Nov. 22, 2020

10. Free transfer to 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Indian Wells La Quinta: December 6, 2020

11. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN 70.3 St. George: May 1, 2021

Immediately following this communication, you will receive an email from Active with a link to select your race option. If you would like to compete on September 6, 2020, no action is required at this time. If you choose to not remain in the new race date, you will have until Monday, May 18 at 11:59 p.m. ET to complete your new race selection in the provided Active link.

We realize that this change may impact your travel arrangements, therefore registered athletes are advised to contact their travel providers immediately to inform them of your situation.

If you have additional questions, please contact cda70.3@ironman.com.

Thank you for your commitment and we look forward to providing you with an exceptional race experience in the future.

The IRONMAN 70.3 Coeur d’Alene Team
Last edited by: HaydenHunter: May 4, 20 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: It's official: Ironman Coeur d'Alene 70.3 RESCEHEDULED to September 6th, 2020 [HaydenHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally! Been waiting for this. Never received an email from Santa Rosa 70.3. Now to switch every travel arrangement...
Quote Reply
Re: It's official: Ironman Coeur d'Alene 70.3 RESCEHEDULED to September 6th, 2020 [HaydenHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few people asked the provided email if a rollover plus the difference could be put towards the full in 2021. Apparently the answer is no.

Many of us are waiting on an Ironman Canada announcement since it’s currently listed the week prior.

The lack of any definitive news or course details is not helping.
Quote Reply
Re: It's official: Ironman Coeur d'Alene 70.3 RESCEHEDULED to September 6th, 2020 [IronLiam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think IMC cancellation is a foregone conclusion since BC has shutdown events through August.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: It's official: Ironman Coeur d'Alene 70.3 RESCEHEDULED to September 6th, 2020 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Border crossing is what we’re all keeping our eye on for us Canucks. The current 14 day quarantine in either direction makes for a pretty long race-cation. I’m sure it will ease up by August.

My Airbnb in Penticton gave me a refund after news Peachfest, earlier in August, was cancelled.

I had a great season lined up with CDA in June, YYC in July and IMC in August. Now I might get to do them all in the same week - Ha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sense of unease during this time of Covid19 pandemic grows with each race IM postpones to Fall/Autumn, especially in the month of September; just look at how many races got pushed to said month in addition to the ones that were already scheduled. September is going to be either 1) an EPIC MONTH OF REJOICE as life have gone back to normal and we (in the US) are all celebrating and racing in the same month, or 2) Epic Fail, September issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So why do you suppose there is the option to defer to St. George 2021, but not Coeur d'Alene 2021? That indicates one of two things to me;
1. CDL 2021 is in jeopardy
2. WTC is just allowing deferrals to events they were having problems trying to fill anyway
Quote Reply
Re: It's official: Ironman Coeur d'Alene 70.3 RESCEHEDULED to September 6th, 2020 [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
So why do you suppose there is the option to defer to St. George 2021, but not Coeur d'Alene 2021? That indicates one of two things to me;
1. CDL 2021 is in jeopardy
2. WTC is just allowing deferrals to events they were having problems trying to fill anyway

There will not be a 70.3 in Cd'A in 2021. Cd'A is in the rotation with two other western cities (St. George is one, the other TBA) to have a 140.6 every third year. Next year it is in Cd'A. Then a 70.3 in Cd'A in '22 and '23 before the full IM rotates back to town in '24.
Last edited by: HaydenHunter: May 4, 20 17:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also registered for CdA 70.3. I am disappointed that Ironman continues kicking the can down the road with these race updates. I feel like the fairest option would have been to cancel the 2020 race season and move the schedule to 2021. There is no guarantee that CdA will be able to accommodate the athletes and their families in September but now any athlete that chooses to accept the move to Labor Day is faced with the exorbitant prices of a Labor Day weekend stay in North Idaho.
Quote Reply
Re: It's official: Ironman Coeur d'Alene 70.3 RESCEHEDULED to September 6th, 2020 [runbrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runbrassica wrote:
... as life have gone back to normal ....

Life will never be normal again......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply