Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is this the best fit job ever?
Quote | Reply
I've just been fitted in a triathlon position by Dan Empfield (inventor of the modern triathlon bike), Gerard Vroomen (President of Cervelo Bicycles), Dan and Fiona of Enduro Sport (Canada's premier triathlon store), Bill and Val of Mission Bay and Hank of Edge Cyclesport as well as two renowned triathlon coaches. It just doesn't get any better than this. A very interesting experience. The results: We got back to my original position (but just slightly higher), and a bike design that Ves Mandaric produced for me a few weeks ago. Using the fit principles I was fitted by nine elite level fitters- the best in the industry- in well under an hour. This is not only an invaluable lesson, but for me, an invaluable expereince. I was once fit by a Eddy Merckx on a road bike. Now I've been fit by Empfield, Vrooman, Gray, Rishworth, et al. Going into this season a fitting like this is a powerful tool. I'm pretty stoked. If I smoked, I have a cigarette now. Amazing.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is this the best fit job ever? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
before and after pictures?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this the best fit job ever? [mpanoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're the same.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
then we only need one picture ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ditch the cigarette.

thats gotta be worth a cigar..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom if nothing has changed why are you so stoked?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this the best fit job ever? [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something to be said for knowing what we have been doing works correctly, although we have been using an entirely different technique- which I don't see us changing entirely. We will incorporate the FIST methodology into our existing process. In most cases I think it will save some time and be easier for the customer to understand: That benefits us both. I was particularly excited that the position I have been riding in worked according to the "experts" such as Gray, Empfield, Vroomen. That was good news. This is a good week for two reasons: 1. We learned the results we have been getting using our own techniques are good- they have worked. 2. We've learned new ways to do it that can be faster. I'll even throw in number three: There is a consensus on how we arrive at some of these things and their significance.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Is this the best fit job ever? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oooops! The post before this one was posted by me (Tom Demerly) and not Gerard. I didn't realize the computer I sat down to was signed into Slowtwitch under Gerard's name. Sorry for the confusion!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Is this the best fit job ever? [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Tom if nothing has changed why are you so stoked?"
There must be a certain satisfaction in knowing that others have agreed with you but come to your same conclusion using a different method. This indicates what Tom was doing before works just as well as the FIST method, which means by taking this course he's learned another method of taking him to the same destination, which hopefully was worth the price of the course.
Quote Reply